Life

Wait it out…

As requested, I’m keeping you updated on the flatmate situation.

I have no idea what has happened but Housemate 1 is now going to advertise at work to see if anyone is interested in moving in.

That leaves me with one option for now — wait it out. I think I just need to wait it out until the other person moves in and then see if I feel comfortable. I don’t feel threatened in any way and all my friends are aware of my situation. I am not fond of Housemate 1 because I think we are just different…and not that I don’t get along with people who are different…he’s different in a weird sort of way. I can’t even describe it! Also, I found out that we have different television tastes which is not helpful!

Anyway, the ‘waiting it out’ is hard…especially when I keep looking up rental listings in the neighbourhood every single day and get excited at some of the apartments currently going. But I have also been thinking to myself…moving out before a month may look bad in terms of my rental reliability in future.

So anyway, thank you all again for your comments the last time. It was a bit like my head — there were two sides. And I just might take the side suggesting to wait, save and then leave.

Kartikey
    February 17, 2009 at 8:42 am

Ah, things will go well
    you never know… that new housemate might be somebody worth drooling over.

Wait it out, especially if it helps rental reliability.

February 17, 2009 at 11:03 am

@ Kartikey: Lol…drooling over! Nah…too messy.

Smita
    February 17, 2009 at 1:56 pm

As I said u r the best judge of the situation 🙂 so do what makes you feel comfortable 🙂

Jessica
    February 17, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Haha! I agree with Kartikey! 🙂

Raahi
    February 20, 2009 at 3:52 pm

I’m just catching up with your latest posts, and I feel your pain on the housemate situation. I’m curious, can’t you rent out apartments or condos with someone in your situation? Does it have to be a room in a house with the owner still living there? I ask because I considered that option once and then decided that it wasn’t enough freedom. And landlords can be a pain in all the wrong places even when they’re non-creepy!

February 21, 2009 at 8:00 am

@ Raahi: I could…it’s just that at the time of moving out I didn’t have enough for a bond or furniture (I don’t have a TV, fridge, washing machine, microwave). However, the aim is to save and hopefully in a month’s time I can afford to move out. As for someone in my situation…all my friends here live at home with parents and the only 2 that don’t are married! Sigh!