Life

Trip down Memory Lane

Ersa tagged me to write about some of my fondest memories in life so far. I’ve got 25 years to look back on…

• Meeting Adam Gilchrist last year.
  • The games of cricket that I played with friends — both at school and in the building. I can still vividly remember those days fondly. Right from when I was 12 till I was 20 (yes, 20). I loved the competitveness and pretending to be one of the greats like Gilly.
  • The 2 day Khandala trips during my undergraduate years with other psychology students for the seminars. Second year was a bit more nerve-racking than the others because I was presenting. But I still remember how cold it was, how we had fun staying up late and sharing ghost stories or playing games and spend time during the day listening to presentations by students on psychology-related topics
  • Cycling — I loved to ride my bike till I was in the 8th or 9th. I remember how some of my friends and I would wake up early during the summer vacation and ‘explore’.
  • Years at Xavier’s — I couldn’t pick any in particular. But I remember eating samosas and the cheese masala dosa frm the canteen with my friends and having the cold coffee. I remember the time spent in the library completing our psych assignments and at the same time gossiping and talking about our dreams and goals.
  • Going to Mahableshwar with my family when I was 20 for about 3 or 4 days. I think we were going away, just the 4 of us, for the first time in several years. It was good to be just the 4 of us (considering we didn’t have that since my grandmother moved in with us about 10 years ago and we haven’t had any peace since!)
  • Coming to Australia by myself, living away from my parents and being independent. Still loving it.

I think that’s all for now. I could probably think of a lot more but then it will just get annoying! 😛

I tag everyone that reads this blog. 😀

Ersa
    May 31, 2009 at 1:16 am

😮 you met Gilchrist?…

loved reading it, Psych…thanks for doing the tag 😛

Ersa
    May 31, 2009 at 1:17 am

and yeah…living alone, being independent and all – awesome feeling, no?

AD
    May 31, 2009 at 9:23 am

i dont wanna be tagged 🙁

but i loved readin it!

C.B.G.
    May 31, 2009 at 10:11 am

If I made a list of everything important happened in my 20 years old life I would include many little things, details – probably because I think small things create big ones. Your list look very nice, I read it with big interesting. Everyone should appreciate good events from past like you do, I have the same attitude 🙂

Hugs from Poland,
    Anna

Smita
    May 31, 2009 at 11:04 am

Interesting read down the memory lane 🙂

When I do such tags I remember fantastic things once I have hit the Publish button 😀

Ms.R.
    May 31, 2009 at 1:50 pm

That was a nice bit of nostalgia 🙂

June 1, 2009 at 1:38 am

@ Ersa: Thanks for tagging me. Yes, I did meet Gilchrist at his book signing. Most exciting moment in my life! 😀 And totally agree on how great it is to be independent!

@ AD: Welcome! Thanks for visiting and commenting. And it’s not a must to take on the tag…it’s only if you want to 🙂

@ CBG: Welcome! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I would like to hear about your little memories that have led to the greater ones. So do take on the tag if interested.

@ Smita: Hehe…yeah…me too. Esp with the books one.

@ Ms. R: Thank you. Hope you take it on.

Orhan Kahn
    June 2, 2009 at 9:04 am

I love that you love cricket so much. It is refreshingly unique to know someone such as yourself so open and passionate about the sport.

June 2, 2009 at 11:23 am

@ Orhan: 🙂 I find that I am outnumbered…not many chicks feel or felt about cricket the same way. 😛

Footloose
    June 3, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Ooh I remember cycling! We’d wake up at 6 and 7am during summer hols. Were we crazy?! If I remember right we’d follow our explorations up with a game of cricket or such. You actually managed to make a cricket fan of me for a short while:)

June 5, 2009 at 3:58 am

@ Footloose: Tell me about it! We were nuts to wake up so early during holidays! And yeah, I think we either played cricket or some of our other games…