How many people do you know who get anxious when they are going on a holiday?
None, I bet.
Well, I know someone who does — me.
Last night, I was tossing and turning for almost a couple of hours worrying (yes, worrying) about my upcoming trip to India. Here’s a sample of some of the things that were going through my mind:
* What if the plane crashes?
* What if the plane goes missing like the Air France one did?
* What if there are terrorists on the plane? (Thanks to my flatmate, this is a new worry)
* What if it’s raining really heavily when I get to India?
* What if for some horrible reason I am unable to come back to Aus in time?
* What if my friends have moved on and no longer think we are compatible as friends?
* What if people aren’t happy with the things I’ve bought them?
* What am I going to do with my car in the weeks I’m away? Which friend do I leave it with?
* What if I don’t get my packing done in time?
* What if they lose my baggage like Footloose’s?
All these and so many more. The ‘what ifs’ drive me crazy. I know it’s part of my Generalised anxiety behaviour. But I’ve been in control about my worries that past month after my CBT workshop. And now it’s back.
The lack of control.
Both of which results in me worrying!!!!
Until next time,