Life

And then there were two…

My new flatmate officially moved in on Thursday. We shall refer to her as LS henceforth. She seems quite nice so far. She is studying to become a high school teacher and works two jobs at the moment.

It’s a bit strange after two months having someone in again. And that too, someone I don’t know. Apart from that brief stint in February and March this year, I have been living with people I know since December 2008. Whose habits I knew and could anticipate. But now, it’s back to trying to suss out the other person’s routines.

LS seems to be easy going and has made herself at home (as requested by me). She has added bits of her furniture to the place which is nice. Luckily she does enjoy the occasional drink and sharing a meal every now and then. She is vegan though so that should be interesting given that I eat meat and fish and chicken in addition to vegetarian food. She also recently experienced a couple of crazy flatmates so she has an idea what it’s like to live with psychos! And trust me, my history with crazy flatmates is nothing compared to what she had! So here’s to a new beginning and hopefully we get along just fine…

Watch this space for more.

********************

Now, this is something I have procastinated on for a long time. Awards. I have received some lovely awards and it’s my turn to pass them on after acknowledging the presenters.

I received this award a while back from Vicki. (Thanks!) It’s an award for new blogs that you have discovered and want to let them know you love their blogs. I’d like to pass this award on to the following bloggers in no particular order
You are all great bloggers and it’s nice to read your blogs every time there’s a new post 🙂
I received this award from Guria (Thank you!) and to be honest, I am uncertain about it’s purpose. I’m going to assume that it’s about awareness and education and information and on that basis, I’d like to pass this award on to the blogs that teach me something almost every time I read them. So, in no particular order, I’d like to present this award to:

And finally, the third award also presented by Guria again (Thanks!) which I would like to present to all the blogs I visit every day (or whenever updated) and love. In no particular order, I am presenting the following award to

Matt Parker (who is currently on hiatus)

So there! That’s that. I honestly enjoy reading everyone’s blog and others who are blogrolled but probably not on here.

Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and a great week ahead!

soin
    November 1, 2009 at 4:41 am

on a completely unrelated note.. yay we won..i know stupid pitch but twas the same for both..but i have to say its been some time since i saw someones middle stump cartweel like that..free

Vicki
    November 1, 2009 at 4:48 am

Awww thank you!!!!

xx

November 1, 2009 at 5:14 am

nice to know that things are going well with the new flatmate so far :-)…

and hey congrats on all the awards…you deserve this and a lotttt more :-)…and thank you very much for passing it on!

Nu
    November 1, 2009 at 5:52 am

Hey good for you that the flatmate is so far so good 🙂 Good luck for future as well 🙂

And lady congratulations on these awards 🙂 You deserve them really,no honestly ! 😉

And thank you so much for that blog award, thank you really !

November 1, 2009 at 7:08 am

you have an award waiting too 🙂

miss carly
    November 1, 2009 at 8:07 am

thanks for the awards! xo

Reema
    November 1, 2009 at 9:55 am

thanks!!

indianhomemaker
    November 1, 2009 at 11:04 am

Thank You!! Absolutely delighted 🙂 I am adding it right away to my brand new Awards Page – publishing tomorrow 🙂

Quixotic
    November 1, 2009 at 12:45 pm

OMG!!! You like me, you really like me!!! hahaha
    Thanks so much PB, you have really made my day, big love. 🙂

Miss M
    November 1, 2009 at 4:49 pm

LOVE the header! WOW!

And congratulations! 🙂

Nu
    November 1, 2009 at 5:09 pm

tagged !

Sidthegnomenator
    November 1, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Ooh, my first blog award(s) – thank you. Glad things are going well with the flat mate.

Solilo
    November 1, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Congratulations and thanks for passing the awards this way. Honored!

Smita
    November 2, 2009 at 4:02 am

LS sounds cool & nice to live in with!!! Cheers to happy beginning 🙂

And thanks a tonne for the award 🙂

November 2, 2009 at 4:35 am

@ Soin: There’s still more matches to go and hopefully we’ll be back.

@ Vicki: You’re most welcome…

@ Titaxy: Yeah I’m keeping my fingers crossed re LS…and thanks for the lovely comment 🙂

@ Nu: Thanks and welcome 🙂

@ Miss Carly: Most welcome!

@ Reema: You’re most welcome…

@ IHM: You are an inspiration… 🙂

@ Quixotic: Lol…yes I really do like you. I’m not just buying your affection! 😛 Keep blogging!

@ Miss M: Long time, no see. Thanks re the header — created by my little sis

@ Sid: You’re most welcome….

@ Solilo: Like IHM, you too are an inspiration… 🙂

@ Smita: Thanks! And you are most welcome. Did you know…yours was the first blog I read outside of a couple of friends of mine??? Just a bit of trivia there for you…

evanescentthoughts
    November 2, 2009 at 6:11 am

Hey thanks soooo much for the award girl 🙂 🙂 you made my day!! 🙂 and regarding LS, be careful.. not trying to discourage you but I have had pyscho roomies (every roomie of mine was a pyscho 😀 ) .. they initially are very sweet and after few months, I get to know their “true” colors 🙂 so all the best!!

ani_aset
    November 2, 2009 at 9:36 am

I will take it up soon PB 🙂 ..thank yew

BlueMist
    November 2, 2009 at 9:51 am

A new flatmate. Sounds so exciting. Hope you guys really have fun together and churn out some spicy posts for us. Lol. Kidding.
    and thanks for the award girl. I am honored completely. 🙂

Archana
    November 2, 2009 at 11:58 am

Aww thank you!! 🙂 I almost missed this post with being MIA for about a week from blog reading! I was just doing my catch up reading at yours, and lookie what I found, heh. Thanks a lot for it, I feel the love! I appreciate your footprints at DS, cause they’re always comments that show that you’ve actually read my rambles, haha. <3 <3 <3

Matt Parker
    November 7, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Kudos to you for the awards.Posting more than 3 posts per day ,you deserve them.

And hey thankyou gracias and merci!

You know,it’s my first award and I’m so happy.

And thankyou for the special mention “currently on hiatus” 🙂