As I was driving to work the other day, there was a discussion on the radio about this TV show Flash Forward. Now I haven’t seen the show but apparently the whole world blacks out for a certain period of time and everyone sees a glimpse of their future. One person sees nothing. And it turns out that’s because he is going to die. And he finds out that he will be murdered.
So anyway, the discussion on the radio turned to wondering whether or not you would like to know when and how you were going to die. And it made me wonder: Would I like to know how and when I’m going to die?
Knowing might be good because
– It could help me plan what to do for the next few years or months or days
– It could help me avoid death if it was too close. E.g. If I was going to die in a plane crash, I’d avoid planes (get the drift?)
– It might even make me lighten up a bit and just relax and enjoy life more
– It might encourage me to take risks because I’d probably be thinking there’s not much to lose
– I’d probably try and be healthier than I am
– I would definitely do things to make a difference in people’s life
– Being the anxious individual I am, it is more likely to make me anxious and avoidant
– Being the perfectionist I am, it is more likely to make me achieve more goals prior to conking it which means I might get more stressed and conk it sooner 😛
– Being the melancholic individual I can be, it is more likely I will get depressed
– Being anxious, I might not focus much on work. I might lose interest in it totally. And I really doubt I will be fun knowing how and when I’m going to die
I guess, to sum it up, I’d rather not know how I am going to die. Even if I could change or beat it.
What about you?
Would you like to know how and when you are going to die?
And if so, would you prepare for it or try and evade it?
Until next time,