Out and About

Green Day Concert

On Friday, the 11th of December, I went for the Green Day concert at Acer Arena and JET as the support act with a friend.

I managed to rush from work to make the hour-long trip from my place to the Acer Arena. Our seats were pretty good — on the upper concourse in the second row but smack bang in the middle. JET kicked off the show at about ten past 7 and were great. I do wish they had played longer though. But they did play some favourites like ‘Look what you’ve done‘, ‘Are you gonna be my girl‘ and ‘Cold hard bitch‘. What I found a bit unfortunate was that only half the arena was filled when JET played which is a shame because they are an amazing Aussie band and you would think people would come out to support Aussie rock!

Green Day came on about half past eight and rocked the house until 11. They were amazing! Right from the word go, they were full of energy, had the crowd involved and on their feet. They played numbers from their recent album (21st century breakdown), their older songs, American Idiot and finished with ‘Wake me up when September ends‘ and ‘Time of your life‘. One of the great things they did was how they had members from the crowd up on stage participating — mostly tweens and teens — but that involvement sure was great. They hosed the crowd, Billie Joel ran up into a section of the crowd, and he even mooned the crowd! And being Green Day, they managed to get their political views noted as well with Billie Joel stating how Obama was not deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

I managed to get some pix (not so good due to the lighting, of course) and some videos (which I have no idea how to upload onto this post!!) and recorded their final songs on my mobile.

And this is what I have to share…

Β
Β

Β
I would like to add though, that while Green Day were amazing, the Linkin Park concert was definitely more energetic and awesome…I didn’t sit once during LP. πŸ™‚ But, as for the LP concert, I sang/shouted myself hoarse and ended with a croaky throat! My body hurts as well with the jumping and the clapping and the arm pumping.
All in all, a great concert.
And just another reason why I absolutely love rock! πŸ™‚
So what’s been the favourite/best concert that you’ve attended?

December 13, 2009 at 2:13 am

nice!!!

i haven’t attended any concerts so far πŸ™ …but really really wanna go for one…maybe next year :D..

December 13, 2009 at 2:25 am

yay, me first πŸ˜€

Shahid Mukadam
    December 13, 2009 at 3:10 am

looks like u had a hell lot of fun…..and about involving the crowd…it is very imp to do that..and well they just did that….

Freddae'
    December 13, 2009 at 3:39 am

Woot! What a blast.

Nu
    December 13, 2009 at 3:50 am

lovely pictures…seems fun…

πŸ™ missed 1st position again πŸ™ Tixieeeeeeeee πŸ™

livemorenow
    December 13, 2009 at 3:52 am

Sounds like a fantastic night out – I am jealous.

Best concert …. Pink Floyd …. hands down.

LadyinRed
    December 13, 2009 at 4:07 am

Cool! I just mentioned to hubby that one day I would love to go to a really cool concert with him as a date and without the kids! He just grinned and said, “it’ll be a bit tricky but we’ll do it one day” πŸ˜€

βœ–Mizz Yasminβœ–
    December 13, 2009 at 6:01 am

whoa!
    That’s awesome!
    πŸ™‚

Anamika.
    December 13, 2009 at 6:06 am

Oh man! You’re so lucky. I love that band :O

Quixotic
    December 13, 2009 at 7:34 am

Wow – shows you shouldn’t make assumptions – I wouldn’t have picked you for a Green Day / Linkin Park fan! Rock on!!! πŸ˜‰

Clarissa
    December 13, 2009 at 7:52 am

sounds like you had fun :)….umm…one of the best ones I went to was not very big at all. It was kind of like a farewell concert for the drama of Faker…and they didn’t advertise it…but it was heaps of fun and I got to meet the drummer πŸ™‚ and he gave me a cheek kiss πŸ™‚

December 13, 2009 at 9:08 am

@ Titaxy: Yes you’re first!! πŸ™‚ Conecerts are amazing and you really should try and go for one! My first concert was Thirsty Merc here in Aus and first big one was Linkin Park (Thirsty Merc were at a smaller venue). I love the energy but due to the big concerts being so expensive, I will only go for bands I love! πŸ˜€

@ Shahid: Welcome! πŸ™‚ Yeah, it’s so important to involve the crowd. One thing that struck me was how much ‘power’ bands have…they tell us to do something (e.g. raise your hands) and we do it! πŸ˜›

@ Freddae: Sure was! πŸ˜€

@ Nu: Aw Nu…you’ll make first position soon…it’s the time diff thing!

@ Jacinta: Was an awesome night! πŸ™‚ I’m sure Pink Floyd would have been great…was it their recent one?

@ LadyinRed: Oh you so should go! Even if not for a big one, try and go for one at the Enmore or something…they’re still great!

@ Mizz Yasmin: Welcome! πŸ™‚ Yep it was awesome…

@ Anamika: Definitely more opportunities to see bands outside India…saw my first concert here. Hope you get to see them someday…they are definitely worth it!

@ Quixotic: Haha!! You’re not the first person to say that! People I meet are always surprised with my taste in music esp because I have a nerdy look and I’m an introvert and mature! πŸ˜€

@ Clarissa: Nice! Cheek kiss. I’d kill for that from a fav musician or cricketer! πŸ˜› I think small concerts are great too…I went to a small special concert of Thirsty Merc (a friend won some tix for Channel V) and it was great. They were just a few steps away from us!

Magali
    December 13, 2009 at 10:01 am

You went for a Green day Concert! Awesome. I’m not really into rock, but I’ve heard some of their songs (Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams)
    The concert sounds really great. My mom is totally against ever allowing me to go for a concert, you know the usual issues- Rowdy men etc. So I have to watch some nice acts come & go, some because of my mom, some because their in pubs & I’m under age. I guess I’ll just have to wait till I’m earning my own money! Sigh…

Mahmud faisal
    December 13, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Cool… I like ‘I walk a lonely road’ so much!!
    and now, the photos seems it was really a fun..

interesting!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Andre Vladimir
    December 13, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Awesome!!!

Boulevard of broken dreams was one of the first drum covers I learned.Though I don’t listen to their music,their tracks are the best for beginner drum covers.

Saurabh Panshikar
    December 13, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Well you can upload the video on Youtube and then embed it in this post…

I’ve never been to a concert. I happen to live in a vllage, so its never ever been given a though itself

Jessica
    December 13, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Green Day….Awesome! I REALLY want to see them too! πŸ™‚ I’ve been to a lot of concerts, going to them is really how I relax, so I don’t have a particular favorite. But I will say that this past summer, the Counting Crows and friends concert was So great!

Richa
    December 14, 2009 at 2:35 am

Cool! I remember attending few of those during my earlier student days..its fun to be with friends, screaming dancing and jumping.

But I am more a musical theater kinda of person and prefer a good musical over rock concert. Or may be its the age…don’t have energy left to jump in a rock concert anymore πŸ˜‰

December 14, 2009 at 5:46 am

@ Magali: I can understand your mum not wanting to let you go fo a concert in Bombay — I wouldn’t wanna go either!! My first concert was when I came to Aus. You won’t find random men trying to grope you here as there are seats and not just standing sections.

@ Mahmud: Yeah…it was a great one… πŸ˜€

@ Andre: Welcome! I bet their music is also good for guitar beginners — esp Time of your life… πŸ™‚ It’s so cool that you play the drums!! πŸ˜€

@ Saurabh: Ah ok! Thanks for that…will see if I can do it. And I hadn’t been to a concert when I lived in Bombay…first concert was here in Sydney! πŸ™‚

@ Jessica: I like that you attend concerts to relax. I’d love to do that if they weren’t about 100$! πŸ˜›

@ Richa: I must admit, I felt old. Most of the audience seemed like teens and tweens. But I love my rock…so let’s see how long I last!

Rohit Dassani
    December 14, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Wow..this one rocks!! Nice pics!!

Pesto Sauce
    December 14, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Seems you had a good time

The Guy's Perspective
    December 14, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Love Green Day! Good review. I need to get my butt to a concert. Happy Holidays!

ani_aset
    December 18, 2009 at 6:44 am

I’m more into hindi rock ..so i like attending Euphoria so much that i have attended 4-5 of their concerts..since college days. Still waiting to attend a Strings or Jal concert.

December 21, 2009 at 5:50 am

@ Rohit: Thanks! It was a rockin concert…

@ Pesto: Sure did. Despite being hoarse later…

@ TGP: Welcome! You should…concerts are awesome. If only they weren’t so bloody expensive…

@ Ani: Sounds good…dunno much about Hindi rock…didn’t think Euphoria were rock though.