Gratitude

Two Thoughts on Tuesday

It’s time for Top Sites Tuesday on BlogDumps again and this time, the theme is about sharing two of our thoughts for today. I like this because it’s so random! πŸ™‚

Anyway, my two thoughts for today are related to what I did earlier today. As most of you know, I am partly unemployed for the month of January since I start a new job in February. So anyway, today was a day off from work. It’s a lovely but hot day outside.

My first thought for this Tuesday is about how I decided on impulse to finally take action on something I have only been contemplating for some months — I went to the beach (which is a 10 minute drive from my place) all by myself! I went for a couple of hours and I read a book, swam a bit and of course, got an amazing tan. All I can think of now is how glad I am I did it! I am glad I took action and got to experience solitude among the many people at the beach. I feel so grateful that I live where I do. That I can experience the beauty nature has to offer. The bluish green waters. The clear blue sky. The white sands. The bright yellow sun. It was bliss. [And I didn’t have to pay anything!]

My second thought for this Tuesday is about people. Now, the reason I was not going to the beach by myself all this time was because I was worried about my stuff (car keys in particular) when at the beach and not having anyone to look after it if I went into the water (and let’s face it…there’s no point in not going into the water!!) But today I witnessed something that I have never paid attention to in all my previous visits to the beach with a friend. You can leave you bag at the beach (with a camera, mobile phone, house keys, car keys, driver’s license and 20 dollars) and no one will touch it. It’s like some unwritten rule. I saw others who had left their belongings around as well and were wading in the water but no one even comes close to snooping around these belongings. I saw someone leave an unlocked bicycle and it stayed there until they left. It made me think that human beings are still fairly decent despite the shit we see in the media every single day about people killing or assaulting one another. It made me think that there is hope for us to not turn into cold-blooded individuals only looking out for ourselves.

And with that thought, I leave you for this week.

Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

Antarman
    January 12, 2010 at 6:50 am

good thought!..Had it been in India, nothing would have remained there, but that is the difference between developing and developed..as it is said.povetry and hunger are the poor moral keepers of the society.

desininja
    January 12, 2010 at 8:34 am

i lost my wallet (which had my bank cards, student id, pocket calender with god’s pic etc.) just after 3 days of landing here in Melbourne. And with my utter surprise when i called the bus help line they said they have it. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

i love aus! πŸ™‚

Kellyansapansa
    January 12, 2010 at 9:09 am

That’s a really interesting observation. If only beach etiquette extended to all other areas of life!

Pesto Sauce
    January 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Wish Indians could learn a bit of integrity here

AngelBaby
    January 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I love the beach, nothing is better. I used to live right on the beach and no one bothered anything. Which was just great because I did not have to worry.

Here’s your click ……..

Love and Blessings,
    AngelBaby

Trina
    January 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm

WOW! I am so jealous! I’m looking at my front yard here in Delaware, USA, and it looks like a snowed on frozen tundra (minus an elk) I would love to bask in the sun (with tons of sun block) on a beautiful beach right now!

I agree, if only beach etiquette extended to everywhere we go..

Clicks for you and your beautiful mental picture of a beach!
    –Trina

crystaldewdrops
    January 12, 2010 at 7:15 pm

The drive down to the coast, wading through, reading all by urself sounds so much fun πŸ™‚ and well on the safety of belongings is something unbelievable in today’s times for sure!!

Good practise out thr!!

Liggy
    January 13, 2010 at 1:08 am

Sounds like you had a great day at the beach! And I’m also glad to hear that no one messed with your belongings there. The same would not be true if you went to a bar though…LOL!

oldereyes
    January 13, 2010 at 1:43 am

I love the ocean although I don’t actually go in the water that much … just listening to the surf and beach combing. I’ve had the same experience at the beach with leaving my stuff … but I’m a little careful since there are jerks everywhere.

Question (take into account, I’m old and an engineer): Whe you say yuou love the topic because it’s “so random,” what do you mean? In my world, staying the same is as unrandom as you can get.

Bud aka Older Eyes

Jessica
    January 13, 2010 at 2:27 am

I’m glad you posted this today…it’s nice to have a reminder that there are some good, honest people in this world.

PNA
    January 13, 2010 at 3:26 am

Envy u for the beach part and the tan!! sigh:(( Anyways me getting a tan wandering about in the sun here… :)) so half happy… for the beach part I’ll think of some splash in the tub or under the shower:P

As to people, real decent of them not to touch or steal, I lost my wallet once at a roadside market, and never realised, got a call soon after I reached home from a friend, saying ur purse is with the shopkeeper u bought the dal from, he rang him up looking at the visiting cards in the wallet as my phone was not reachable:)))) that was in India, Hyderabad a couple of years ago…..

Smita
    January 13, 2010 at 4:02 am

Hmmm I totally agree with you!!! We say people can’t be trusted today but the reality is that we don’t give others a chance and believe that they are not trustworthy!

I sometimes crave to spend some just me time near a mountain!! A days stock of coffee, few books & just me πŸ™‚

Wolfbernz
    January 13, 2010 at 4:39 am

What a great and positive thought for the day πŸ™‚
    Maybe despite what the media wants us to believe it’s not all true after all… You witnessed it first hand that people are good at heart!

Clicks for you!
    Wolf

blunt edges
    January 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm

cool thoughts those! n an even more cooler blog πŸ˜€

comfortablynam
    January 16, 2010 at 12:55 am

I love that about the beach..All your stuff is safe..now all I need to do is let go of my paranoia when I am there and enjoy the water for more than 10 minutes at a time

January 16, 2010 at 5:05 am

i love the beach…so wish i can go right now, but it’s freezing outside :D…

anyway, yeah…it’s so nice to be able to leave it all behind and enjoy…people minding their own business and not bothering others or their things. nice that way.

January 17, 2010 at 4:24 am

@ Antarman: Oh for sure! In India, I had my wallet stolen on a crowded train. Here, I don’t have to worry so much about having my backpack at the back instead of on the front. Not that there aren’t any robbers whatsoever, but definitely a lot less crime…

@ DesiNinja: Awesome! Really makes you believe in humanity, eh? A friend of mine too dropped her bank cards and license and stuff once in 2008 and realised upon going home from work that it was gone. Next morn on a whim she went to the police station in the area she works and someone had returned everything!

@ Kelly: Welcome to my blog! That’d be great, eh?? πŸ™‚

@ Pesto: That’d be a miracle… πŸ˜›

@ Angelbaby: Wow…right by the beach! Awesome!!

@ Trina: Hehe…benefits of living in the southern hemisphere I suppose. And you’re right…if only it extended everywhere else…

@ Crystaldewdrops: It was…and it was lovely me-time! πŸ™‚

@ Liggy: Lol…you’re so right! Highly unlikely it would apply to a bar… πŸ˜›

@ Bud: The beach has a very calming effect, doesn’t it? I don’t like it too crowded though I must admit. And in response to your question…by ‘random’ I was referreing to being able to write about pretty much anything. Yes, it’s about 2 thoughts…but given I think a lot, it means I can write about anything with this topic. Hope that makes sense…

@ Jessica: I love observing the good side of humanity…especially bcoz we are bombarded with the inhuman side of things…

@ PNA: Wow…thanks for sharing that story about your wallet! That’s really nice to know. And re the tan…yeah it’s easy to get it just walking outside eh? But I haven’t had much of a chance due to working…inside! πŸ˜›

@ Smita: True…we are all so paranoid about everyone out there! For good reason, I know. But even some nice acts of kindness, we tend to view suspiciously. Ooh…the mountain idea sounds great for me-time! πŸ™‚

@ Wolfbernz: Yep…and I’m sure there’s a lot more good news stories out there contrary to what we see in the media everyday…

@ Bluntedges: Welcome to my blog! And thanks for the lovely comments… πŸ˜€

@ Nam: Haha…hope you get over your paranoia. I gather it’s a fear of water?? Or is it the sharks/jellyfish and all those other creatures?

@ Titaxy: Yeah…it is…you described it perfectly. And it’s the best when the beach isn’t too crowded as well…

Macha
    January 17, 2010 at 6:28 am

hey just wanted to say thanks for your great comment on my blog. Thank you for reading.

A little paranoia is never a bad thing. Towel thieves are the bane of our society.:-)