The Real Me…?

Worried of being judged
As someone impaired
The voice of self-doubt
Is hard to go through
My life is a mess
If only they knew…

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (23 April 2010)

Written for One Single Impression prompt 112: Mask

37 thoughts on “The Real Me…?

1. Psych Babbler says:

There sure is! In my line of work I see people that are okay being vulnerable but once they step out of the office, the mask is back on for the rest of the world. We all have our own masks, don’t you think? And thanks for the lovely comment…

2. BlueMist says:

nice. I think we all carry these masks. Sometimes to save ourselves from world and sometimes from our own selves. But then where to draw the line that makes all the difference. If one comes to think that mask is reality than one is cheating nobody but oneself.

3. Psych Babbler says:

Yes we do…we have our work mask, our social mask, our school/uni mask….and I think sometimes we ourselves forget who is the real us…and you are right…we end up cheating ourselves….

4. irendi says:

You’re right…behind the carefully applied mask is the me I’m dying to let out…she’s frail and needs protecting…so each day I apply my mask and seal the seams…knowing she’s safe.

Sad, but true :). I love your blog btw!

5. Gyanban says:

Just wrote about something similar a ‘bit of life’ – we tend to lose ourselves into everyday transactions so much that sometime we forget the purpose of doing it in the first place.I think sometimes it is good to take a step back,relax and reanalyze ourselves.

BTW your poem looks like a shapely woman..is that by design or default?

6. Shilpa says:

🙂 I believe everyone one of us wears a mask. Some knowingly and some unknowingly. Some to protect themselves and some to misuse it and somewhere down the line we forget what we actually are. Nice post.:)

7. Psych Babbler says:

Welcome Irendi! It’s unfortunate that you need to hide your real self…but then again, I think we all do that. The number of people that know the real us can probably be counted on one hand. Take care! And thanks for the comment about my blog =)

8. Psych Babbler says:

Welcome Sandy! And thank you for the comment. I do wonder what would happen if we were to deliver just one persona….would the world be a better place?

9. Psych Babbler says:

Need to read yours. You’re right…we are so much on autopilot that we forget to enjoy the moments. And through the autopilot, we learn to use the masks in this manner too. And the design of the poem — totally by default! =P But it looks nice!

10. Psych Babbler says:

It’s the unknowing ones that become a problem. I mean, we all wear a mask that’s professional but as long as we are aware, that’s the important thing…. Thanks!

11. Hitesh Rawat says:

it’s true……can’t think of anything to add to it…………

other than that……FRIENDS, Big Band Theory and HIMYM is on fav list too……. 🙂