Humour

Evening with Akmal

Last night I went to watch a comedy show. I watched Akmal Saleh live. And he was hilarious! I’ve always liked Akmal so it was great to be able to see him live for only $40. The support act wasn’t all that great…a dude called Joel Osbourne. Never heard of him.

Akmal’s stand-up is generally around his life and experiences. He migrated to Australia from Egypt so he does have a lot of ethnic jokes and politically incorrect ones. And that’s my kind of humour — politically incorrect humour! 🙂 His parents were very religious Coptic Orthodox individuals so he had a pretty humourous upbringing. Or at least the way he says it.

It was nice to have a night of belly-aching laughter. Some of his jokes did leave people gasping for air after laughing.

All in all, a lovely night out.

How was your weekend?

mahmud faisal
    September 12, 2010 at 3:27 am

Sounds really funny night it was with loads of laughter 😀

I should know something about Akmal now 😉

We had Eid yesterday… so weekend was with the preparations 🙂

September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Like the background. Simple and nice!

callezee
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

The blog reminds me the “achmed the dead terrorist”

Swaram
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

My comment’s gone again 🙁

That ws a wonderful weekend u hd PB 🙂
    Mine ws gud too – with Ganesh Puja and playing a good hostess for 3 whole days 😉

Swaram
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Wow! A weekend well spent.
    Mine ws gud too. All about Ganesh Puja and playing a good hostess 😉

Sam Liu
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Sounds like a wonderful evening! I love comedy, especially outrageous comedy, so Akmal sounds like my kind of stand-up 😀

susandeborah
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

I have never been to a stand up comedy show. It is gaining ground in Chennai as well. The most common and well received jokes are ethnic ones. I would like to be a stand up comedian someday. Lol.

I am glad you laughed a lot. Good for health. I am wondering something. Do the performers also laugh a lot?

Been Long PB. How have you been? My weekend was a bit hectic.

You have a lovely week ahead.

Joy always,
    Susan

September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Hehe…wouldn’t expect you to know him…he’s an Australian comedian…not well known around the world. Don’t know who Vir Das is…but yeah, stand up comedy is fun…

Magali
    September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Honestly not heard of this guy, but I had a very similar experience when I got to see Vir Das! 😀

September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

I’ve been to a couple before…but with more than one comedian. This was the first time it was to see someone I chose. Nice…you spent time reading! I have been a bit in and out of reading lately….

September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Nice!!!

I’ve always wanted to go to a live stand up comedy show…but hasn’t happened yet. Someday 🙂

My weekend has been ok….spent Friday all night reading a book and started another one Saturday afternoon…so it’s been fun 😀 I’m on a reading marathon after a long time and I’m loving it!

September 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

Nice!!!

bluntedges
    September 17, 2010 at 2:25 am

Never heard of Akmal. Will look him up.

It’s already Thursday, so I guess there’s no point in talking about my last weekend. Instead I should be looking forward to the next one right? 🙂

mahmud faisal