Blogging

Last day of summer…

Today is the last day of summer.And a pretty crappy summer it has been.

All those days I dreamt of spending at the beach…thwarted by the rains and the overcast weather. Or having to be at work on a nice fine and sunny day. Of course, as luck would have it, a sunny week tended to lead to a rainy weekend.

Not that I didn’t get any beach-love. I did. Just not enough.

Hoping autumn brings some warmish days where I can still enjoy the beach.

In other news, work has me sleepless on some nights and exhausted by the end of the day. Like I said before, be careful what you wish for. I wanted challenging. And now I worry about clients even after coming home. Whether they will be alive. Or safe. Plus I am lagging behind on reports thanks to having to deal with crises at work when I had slotted in time to work on them. End result — work on the reports from home.

So yeah, still exhausted. Despite just having had a weekend.

I’m also wondering whether I should do NaBloPoMo next month. [Yes, I love to torture myself, don’t I?] But the reason I was thinking about this is because the topic is interesting: In a word. According to the email they send, this is what it involves

It’s meant to be both an inspiration and a challenge: you can choose a word (perhaps by going to either Save the Words or One Word) to build a post around, or you can try to find one word that sums up whatever’s going on in your life each day when you sit down to compose your post. You can talk about the power of words, your favorite words, or what happens when we’re at a loss for words. And naturally photobloggers are granted the right to gather up a thousand words and present them in the best daily images they can produce.

So yes, it’s very appealing to me. Except, given how I’ve felt over the last couple of weeks, I really doubt I will be able to blog every day.

I do apologise for not commenting on a number of blogs —- I do read you guys almost every day but I’m so tired I can’t be bothered to comment on a lot. Plus I realise I haven’t responded to comments on this blog for the last couple of posts. Will get to it soon.

So what’s been up with all of you?

The Ketchup Girl
    February 28, 2011 at 8:22 am

last day of summer :((((. that itself is enough o kill me. I’m going into hiding. So long. And babe, take a breather.

February 28, 2011 at 8:24 am

KG, tell me about it! Do not like winter one bit!! 😐 Sigh…makes you want to go into hiding! Hope you are doing better my dear… *hugs*

Prats
    February 28, 2011 at 9:11 am

You know for me no matter how much of the beach I get, its simply not enough 🙂

Indeed the NaBloPoMo theme is awesome this time…. Even I am contemplating to take the plunge 🙂

Iya
    February 28, 2011 at 9:14 am

hey, i have done NaBloPoMo once and that was the most torturous month for me both professionally and personally. What with travel, number of deadlines and relatives visitng. i still completed and felt great.
    So do it!

February 28, 2011 at 9:53 am

Yeah…same here re the beach…can’t get enough…but this summer has been a bit of a bummer! Sigh…

And yeah, the NaBloPoMo theme is very tempting!!!

February 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

Iya…you are inspiring me…to torture myself! =P

bikram
    February 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm

send the summer this side .. we need som sunny days …
    hopefully next year will be better what say haan 🙂

Bikram’s

February 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm

i hope autumn brings some warm days for you so you can enjoy some time at the beach, dear. and i hope work gets a little relaxing for you 🙂 hugs.

i wanna do to nablopomo too, but i know i wont keep up…so give up every time i think of it 🙂

hugs to you. take care.

Jake
    February 28, 2011 at 5:29 pm

WHAT !! PB didn’t reply to my comments, OH THE HORROR ….I was so pissed I couldn’t stop listening to Lamb of God…. Lol 🙂 … people (we at least I) know you have stressful schedules sometimes PB, so you really don’t have to apologise for not replying to the comments 🙂 …

Magali
    February 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Summer is just coming here! 🙂 I don’t visit the ebach here, but I get my fair share in Goa. Anyway, regarding NABloPoMo, I know for fact you don’t have to follow the theme or anything.
    Anyway, best of luck & take care 🙂

Comfy
    February 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Get some rest. Hope things ease out a little.

Would love for you to do NaBloPoMo for very selfish reasons..we get to read you every day 😀

March 1, 2011 at 1:00 am

Bikram, I’m going to guess most of us would like summers… =) Yes…fingers
    crossed that next summer will be good all over the world…

March 1, 2011 at 1:01 am

Hope so T! 🙂 Oh you should definitely do NaBloPoMo…would love to read you
    every day of the month! At least give it a go…

March 1, 2011 at 1:02 am

Lol! See…I knew people would react with horror or anger at my
    non-responsiveness! =P Now the pressure is on… Hope you are well Jake!

March 1, 2011 at 1:05 am

Y’know Mags…I didn’t really enjoy the Bombay summers…too humid. I used
    to love winter when in India…but now it’s probably my least favourite
    season here. I do like the idea of the theme for NaBloPoMo though…gives
    you something to go with than random stuff like in November. Although I
    guess, this month’s theme can be used for random ramblings as well I
    suppose! Maybe that’s why I like it…flexible with some prompts…

March 1, 2011 at 1:06 am

Thanks Comfy…hoping to get the much needed rest this weekend. It’s barely
    Tuesday and I’m already counting down the days to Friday night! =P I think
    I’m going to cave and do NaBloPoMo…thanks for the lovely compliment…good
    for my ego! =)

bookslifenmore
    March 1, 2011 at 6:11 am

Hmmmm end of summers??? Out here it is the beginning of Summers 😀

I feel stay out of NaBloPoMo do only as much as you can don’t over stress urself 🙂

March 1, 2011 at 8:43 am

Yeah…end of summer… :'( Hehe…and that advice about NaBloPoMo is a bit
    late…I’ve taken the plunge! Let’s see how long it lasts Smita… 😛

Jake
    March 1, 2011 at 9:31 am

I’m good 🙂 ,thank you …well for a while I was miserable cuz PB didn’t respond to my comments, but better now 😛 … Good luck with the NaBloPoMo Challenge.. hope it works out well ….

March 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm