Healthy Living

First day of gymming

Yesterday was the first day of hitting the gym. I didn’t do an extremely strenuous workout given that I’ve been a lazy arse for months now. Didn’t want to die overdoing it on my first day! Worked out for an hour doing different cardio exercises and felt really good. It made me realise just how much I’ve missed the gym the last 4 years. I’m really excited now and keen on going tonight after work as well. And hoping to remain motivated especially once I start with the weights next week.On the down side, I have a toothache. My top right wisdom tooth hurts and the area around it is sore. I fear I’m going to have to visit the dentist this weekend to get it out. Hopefully it will go smoothly like the last one. And here I was hoping it would wait till I visited India in June. Sigh.Which reminds me. I haven’t informed blogosphere that I am going to India for two and a half weeks in June. I’m already hyperventilating at the thought of flying. The difference this time is that I’ll have an Aussie passport and an Indian visa (the OCI — like a permanent visa to India). Looking forward to meeting my family and some friends. Not looking forward to flying. Looking forward to food. Not looking forward to the monsoons.

JaaliEngineer
    April 28, 2011 at 4:04 am

You did be looking at come here during monsoons and not humid and hot weather…As regards gymming best of luck..Takes lot of dedication..

April 28, 2011 at 4:38 am

True…I guess I’d rather get the wet and icky monsoons to the hot and
    sticky summers! At the same time, I get to miss some of our cold and
    freezing winters here.

Gunjaaish
    April 28, 2011 at 4:43 am

Wow!! Mumbai in monsoons eh, yenjoy! 😀
    And btw, you did the right thing there by not overdoing on day one. I resumed swimming lately and trust me taking it easy and not pushing too hard does wonders.

April 28, 2011 at 4:46 am

Lol…Mumbai monsoons were my worst season. And somehow, since I moved away,
    I’ve visited only during the monsoons. Thanks to the cheaper tickets! 😛 Oh
    and I think I’m going to feel muscles I haven’t felt in years after a week
    of this gymming… 😀

Prats
    April 28, 2011 at 4:47 am

I am not sure if you meet bloggers, but if you do and happen to be in Bangalore during your visit and wouldn’t mind meeting would love to meet you 🙂

bookslifenmore
    April 28, 2011 at 6:06 am

So gymming has begun 🙂 Once we start working out we realise what we were missing 🙂

Good luck for ur dentist’s appointment 🙂

Ah! Mumbai Calling??? Hope u have a good trip here 🙂 Any plans for book buying spree?

soulmate
    April 28, 2011 at 7:16 am

wow.. gymming.. I have been pracrastinating exercise ever since… need to get back to it asap.. its a nice feeling.. and all the best for your vacations..
    Sigh!! Even I need one… :-))

Bikram
    April 28, 2011 at 9:33 am

Excellent the news makes me want to pack my bags tooo.. HAve great fun and enjoy ..

Gymming well keep it up and you will soon start to enjoy it , if you are like me you will get addicted to it the day you dont go will feel something is missing ..

take care and all the best

Bikram’s

April 28, 2011 at 2:37 pm

maybe this post will motivate me to go back to the gym? i can only hope 🙂

happy working out, psych.

and oh, enjoy the india trip 🙂

Magali
    April 28, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Congrats on your first day of gymming. The only gymming I do in while playing Sims, I make sure that my Sims regularly do cardio & strength training! 🙂
    Why aren’t you looking forward to flying? I always like flying. Anyhow you’re coming to Bombay, yay! 🙂 We should totally meet up! 😉 (haha just kidding but then I can help you strike of one more from your 30 by 30 if you like.)
    Anyway I love the monsoon smell & air but hate hate hate the ickiness, especially when I have to go to college. But it can be fun too sometimes.
    Anyway, take care!

Little Finger
    April 28, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Good luck with the workouts..Ah dental is a nightmare when it comes..I am sure you will have fun back home.

April 29, 2011 at 1:07 am

Yes Smita…you are so right! And just had the dentist appt this morning and
    the tooth is out. Definitely nowhere near as painful as last time. In fact,
    paying them for the procedure was a lot more painful! 😛 And yes, book
    buying is on the cards — mainly for Indian authors though. Trip to India
    this year is because dad turns 60 and after mum’s bypass surgery last year,
    wanted to see how she’s doing.

April 29, 2011 at 1:08 am

Tell me about it Soulmate…I’ve been procrastinating for years. And as for
    exercise…last I did it was a year ago. Then winter hit and I stopped. It
    is great for the mood though!

April 29, 2011 at 1:09 am

I remember the last time I went to the gym back in India I reached a stage
    where I was addicted…would go 6 days a week and if I missed a day for some
    reason I felt really guilty and bad! Plan here is to go at least 5 days a
    week. Let’s see how it goes…

April 29, 2011 at 1:20 am

Go T…you can do it!! 🙂 If you were here, we could be gym
    buddies…motivating each other all the way! 😀 And thanks re the India
    trip…it’s going to be a busy one I reckon.

April 29, 2011 at 1:21 am

Lol re the Sims working out! Flying scares me…I always think of the plane
    crashing. Even though I know statistically more accidents happen on the
    road. The other thing is Qantas has been having problems lately and I’m
    flying Qantas. And yes, time permitting, I reckon we could meet. As long as
    no pics are posted on the blog! 🙂 It would help me cancel one of the 30 by
    30!

April 29, 2011 at 1:22 am

Well, I haven’t met any bloggers yet Prats but I would be open to meeting
    some. Unfortunately, I’m not going to be in Bangalore…spending the entire
    fortnight in Bombay with family at this stage.

April 29, 2011 at 1:23 am

Thanks Little Finger! And the visit to the dentist happened this
    morning…it was nowhere as bad as last time…lot less painful. In fact,
    paying them at the end was a lot more painful personally!! 😛

soulmate
    April 29, 2011 at 5:17 am

I may be in Mumbai for a couple of days around 10-11 June…

writerzblock
    April 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Have a safe journey and enjoy your trip to India! Which city?

April 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Ooh…if I don’t have anything planned with family, and depending where in Mumbai, maybe we could meet. Are you going to be there for work?

April 29, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Thanks Pal! I’ll be in Bombay (yes, I refuse to call it Mumbai)

soulmate
    April 30, 2011 at 6:53 am

no way.. When i am in mumbai, it means only holiday… :-)) nothing else… I wud be in South mumbai like always… close to Haji Ali…

May 1, 2011 at 12:30 am

Ah okay! Hope you enjoy your time off!

soulmate
    May 2, 2011 at 5:06 am

do let me know incase you have time during that period..

May 2, 2011 at 9:25 am