Free

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 23; the twenty-third edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for this month is FREE.

For years I have longed for
Release from this relationship
Ever so far from you I’d go
Escaping your hurtful blows and whips
Fortunate I was, to
Run away some years ago
Even though you caught me later
Even though you punished me so
For I had seen what it was like
Remaining away from you
Enhanced by a taste for life
Existing by myself for that day or two
Flying away from this nest
Ruminating on what next to do
Engaging with that plan in mind
Enabled me to put up with you
Finally, the awaited day arrived
Rosy morning, a day so clear
Escape plan vivid in my mind, I
Entranced you into bed, my dear
Forever the image of you carved in my brain
Rasping for breath and stemming gushing blood in vain
Echoing sounds I’d uttered in pain, I
Ensured you’d never hurt me again
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

42 thoughts on “Free

1. CRD says:

That was really creative 🙂 Though I couldn’t figure out whether the gal hurt herself or her tormentor.

All the best for the Blog A Ton contest

Here’s my entry

Them
    Slaves

Cheers
    CRD

2. Psych Babbler says:

Welcome here CRD! It was meant to be a bit cryptic so you can interpret it any way you like…thanks for the wishes. Good luck to you too! Heading over to check yours out too…

3. The Fool says:

That was a real well crafted poem. That was a story that had to be told as a poem and you used the  acrostic form really well. Best of luck for the Blog-a-ton.
    You can check out my post here
    In search of freedom

4. sowmpu m says:

free free free…very nice start with that free u finished the whole poem 🙂
    beautiful creativity 🙂
    all the best…
    keep smiling always 🙂
    sowmya

5. Brijender says:

Revenge to gain freedom? Seems almost like an oxymoron.
    Coz the more we dislike something, the less the chances that we will ever be able to free ourselves from it-true release would come only from indifference.

6. Psych Babbler says:

I agree Brijender it is an oxymoron but in any case, someone who manages to escape a domestic violent relationship is never really free because of all the scars left over.

7. Abhishek Sikdar says:

Now THAT was interesting. I was thinking on the lines of sexual abuse when I got to the end.  I don’t think I’ve ever read anything that began in so serene a manner and managed to get me down somewhere cold. Amazing stuff.
    All the best for BAT.

8. Abhishek Sikdar says:

Now THAT was interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything which began so serenely and ended in a way that made me visit a cold place. Sexual abuse is what it seemed to me. Amazing stuff. All the best for BAT.

9. Abhishek Sikdar says:

Amazing stuff. I have to say I’ve rarely read anything which changed my mood so suddenly and without my thinking. Sexual abuse?
    Amazing stuff.
    All the best for BAT.

10. Psych Babbler says:

Welcome here Abhishek! Thanks for the lovely comment…yes, I was thinking along the lines of someone being sexually abused but also physically abused…in a DV relationship. Thanks again! 🙂

11. Psych Babbler says:

Thanks Adayinlifeofmom! I left the ending vague to be interpreted in any way. It’s interesting you have taken it that the victim killed herself…some others have seen the abuser as being killed while one other person asked me who was actually killed. Deep down, I see it as the perpetrator being killed.

12. Vikram Pyati says:

Good one… reminded me of  Priyanka Chopra’s character in the hindi movie “Saath Khoon Maaf” !

13. Psych Babbler says:

Welcome here Ketan! She took a life…I left it a bit cryptic in that it could be her own or her long time abuser’s. Deep down though, I feel she killed her perpetrator as that was her only escape from the abuse.

Comments are closed.