Out and About

The Living End at the Enmore Theatre

3rd September 2011.I watched The Living End  in concert at the Enmore theatre with a R and C.

Got there around 7:45 p.m. and watched the support acts. King Cannons were the first support act and weren’t too bad. But the second support act was torture!! They were a band called Hunting Grounds and looked like a bunch of teenagers who just had music really loud but no substance. I sat through that with my fingers in my ears and I wasn’t the only one. A few people walked out (including R) and returned only after they were done to watch The Living End. I also realised I am getting old. How? All I wanted to do was give those youngsters a pair of scissors to cut their hair! It really irked me!

Around 9:30, The Living End hit the stage and they rocked the house for 90 minutes! They played about 7 songs from their new album and several of the old favourites. All I can say is that they are brilliant musicians! Chris Cheney is amazing with the guitar and Scott Owen is exceptional on the double bass. Hell, I’ve never even seen anyone play double bass, let alone at a rock concert. I cannot stress just how brilliant their musicianship is. The guitar is wicked as are the drums…and of course, I absolutely love their lyrics! The only gripe I had was that they didn’t play ‘Moment in the sun‘ which is one of my favourite songs. Not being able to hear after the concert was a testament to how good they were!

I am going to leave you with some pictures:

I had videos too but unable to embed them.

All in all, a rockin’ weekend!

So how’s your weekend been?

Priyanka Victor
    September 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

A lazy lazy LAZY weekend I had. And loved it too for they don’t come my way often:)

Concert sounds awesome, wish they had some good ones here in India, ones that I could actually go to:|

Priyanka Victor
    September 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Bikram
    September 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

My weekedn so far has been tiring , had loads to do.. 🙂 need a nice sleep now ..
    back to work tomorrow 🙂

Bikram’s

Bikram
    September 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

back to work tomorrow 🙂

Bikram’s

September 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Gotta love the lazy weekends! I adore them…especially the days when I spend all day in my PJ…now those are hard to come by! I’d never been to concerts back in Bombay…wanted to go for a Bryan Adams one when I was in college but went away at the time…however a friend did go and didn’t like the experience.

September 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm

September 4, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Afternoon nap? That’s always nice after a tiring weekend…Monday comes around a bit too quickly in my opinion!

September 4, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Kunal
    September 5, 2011 at 10:06 am

wow…fantastic weekend you had…:)

Mine…well..did this trek…alone.. 😉

body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 }
    td,div { font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;vertical-align:top }
    body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0; overflow:hidden; }
    .transcript { background-color:#d2d2d2; }
    .messageBlock { margin-left:4px; margin-bottom:3px }
    .message { margin-left:100px; word-wrap:break-word; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre; white-space:pre-wrap;}
    .messageCont { margin-left:100px; word-wrap:break-word; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre;white-space:pre-wrap;}
    .other { overflow:hidden;color:#39577a;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .myself { overflow:hidden;color:#da8103;font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#39577a;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .myselfCont { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#da8103;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .system { margin-left:4px; word-wrap:break-word;color:#da8103;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre;white-space:pre-wrap; }
    .showTimestamp { padding-left:8px; margin-right:3px; float:right; color:#999999;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal; }
    .other1 { color:#ac2000;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont1 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#ac2000;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other2 { color:#3c9fa8;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont2 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#3c9fa8;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other3 { color:#e25614;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont3 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#e25614;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other4 { color:#0b6ac8;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont4 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#0b6ac8;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other5 { color:#b23290;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont5 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#b23290;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other6 { color:#02e7c7;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont6 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#02e7c7;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .other7 { color:#5b3284;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; }
    .otherCont7 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#5b3284;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; }
    .highlight { background-color:#bed6f8; }
    .datestamp { cursor:default; margin-bottom:1px; background-color:#c0c0c0; width:100%; float:left; text-align:right; color:#ffffff; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
    #chatAlert { float:left; border-bottom:1px solid #E8D091; padding:6px; width:100%; color:#A5754C; }
    #chatAlertImage { float:left; }
    #chatAlertText { float:left; margin-left:6px; }
    #chatAlertClose { float:right; margin-right:10px; padding-right:6px; margin-top:0px; }
    #chatAlertText a { color:#A5754C; }
    #chatAlertText a:hover { color:#A5754C; text-decoration:none; }
    .tsDisplay { display:block }.dsDisplay { display:none }

Kunal
    September 5, 2011 at 10:06 am

wow…fantastic weekend you had…:)

Mine…well..did this trek…alone.. 😉

body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 }
    td,div { font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;vertical-align:top }
    body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0; overflow:hidden; }
    .transcript { background-color:#d2d2d2; }
    .messageBlock { margin-left:4px; margin-bottom:3px }
    .highlight { background-color:#bed6f8; }
    #chatAlertImage { float:left; }
    #chatAlertText { float:left; margin-left:6px; }
    #chatAlertText a { color:#A5754C; }
    #chatAlertText a:hover { color:#A5754C; text-decoration:none; }
    .tsDisplay { display:block }.dsDisplay { display:none }

September 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Sounds like you had a great one too…

September 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Sounds like you had a great one too…

September 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

that all sounded super awesome 🙂

my weekend – camping, hiking, sleeping to the tune of thunderstorms 😀

September 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

that all sounded super awesome 🙂

my weekend – camping, hiking, sleeping to the tune of thunderstorms 😀

September 7, 2011 at 6:27 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend too T! Especially given it was a long weekend…I really need to go camping sometime!

September 7, 2011 at 6:27 am

Scribby
    September 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

seems like so much fun PB !!! live concerts are always entertaining and mesmerizing 🙂

Scribby