Kitty Kapers

Sleepless in Sydney

Source

I haven’t had much sleep the past three nights. Thanks to Pebbles and Buttons.

Buttons is still in the second room. But I tried to spend the night before last with him. Except Pebbles wasn’t happy with that and kept me awake from about 3 in the morning. Last night, I slept with her. And she still wasn’t happy because she knew Buttons was in the next room and kept me up from 2 in the morning.

I have been gradually introducing them to each other for few minutes. They fight. On the plus side, Pebbles is no longer hissing and growling at him. I suppose it’s a good sign.

The vet says things generally improve in 2 weeks. And also recommended the use of a pheromone spray to help alleviate stress for them. I have sprayed some tonight.

I am so close to a nervous breakdown. I feel torn between the two. Each one meows when I leave them for the other. Pebbles more so of course. And then I feel guilty for putting both of them through all the stress. In the end, I just want both of them to be happy.

If that means eventually I might have to reconsider keeping Buttons, so be it. I’d rather he was happy and not nervous in another home and that Pebbles was happy too. Because I do reckon he is nervous due to Pebbles scratching at his door and pouncing on it. He’s very skittish. I can handle them putting up with each other but not fighting each other.

I hope the cat cupid spreads some love. Soon.

Cheers!!

R's Mom
    February 22, 2012 at 10:01 am

Awww! hugs hugs….I really salute you for doing this…I would never have the guts to take care of two pets..saachmein!

Psych Babbler™
      February 22, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Thanks R’s Mom…honestly, I think I underestimated just how difficult it would be! At the moment, I can have them in the same room for 5 mins while I feed them and then they start to attack each other. Sigh.

My Era
    February 22, 2012 at 10:10 am

May the cat cupid answer your prayers soon!

Smita
    February 22, 2012 at 10:14 am

Amen!!! The cupid will strike soon 😀

Take care girl!

Bikramjit
    February 22, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I hope tooo cupid fires some of those love arrows 🙂

hope it all settles down

Bikram’s

Psych Babbler™
      February 22, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Hope so too Bikram…if it doesn’t settle in a couple of weeks, I will seriously consider rehoming Buttons. It’ll be hard but I think it’ll be harder seeing both of them stressed.

February 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

take care. hope they both get settled soon. hugs.

Psych Babbler™
      February 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Thanks T…I hope so too! Like I said in the post, I’ll give it 2 weeks. If not, will have to take drastic measures.

HiddenIdol
    February 24, 2012 at 8:01 am

Take care of both..Those two are definitely invited to my next party! Lots of Hugs
    Hidden Idol

Should I stay or should I go | Living my Imperfect Life
    July 30, 2014 at 10:41 pm

[…] just how critical and unsupportive he could be if we were to ever have kids. And after a week of no sleep and stress, I decided. Screw good timing. This had to […]

Buttons turns four - Living my Imperfect Life
    October 13, 2015 at 10:11 pm

[…] Although he turned four this month, Buttons joined our family when he was 16 weeks old. In February 2012, I welcomed him home. Pebbles unfortunately, didn’t take a liking to him and hissed her heart out. Buttons was confined to the second bedroom for a week while I tried to sleep with him and make him feel at home. I still remember how he gobbled the food down in one go and couldn’t fall asleep — he would come and nuzzle me, then walk away, then back to nuzzling and walk away. What with him doing that and Pebbles meowing and scratching at the door, I was sleepless for a while! […]