Life

The Plan with the family

Next week, this time, my sister will be here with me. She arrives a few days before my parents due to some visa stuff that complicated things for her. She arrives on Saturday and my parents land on the Thursday after that.

Basically, we have planned to have a full week of travelling outside of Sydney and then doing all the Sydney stuff. In one week, we will be visiting Cairns, Brisbane and Melbourne. Cairns includes a trip to the Great Barrier Reef, Brissy includes a day at the Gold Coast and Melbourne I’m hoping includes a drive down the Great Ocean Road. Apart from booking the accommodation and the flights, I haven’t done much else. So it’ll probably be after my sis arrives and once I’m on leave from work when I will look into details about what to do and what’s going to be feasible.

I’m still feeling guilty about leaving the kitties behind. I just hope they won’t be too stressed not having me around. Particularly Pebbles who has been through enough the past couple of months.

Travelling around Sydney should be easier. Day trips to the city for the usual Harbour Bridge and Opera House and Darling Harbour. Maybe another day trip to the Blue Mountains. A visit to the beaches — Bondi, Manly and of course, my local and favourite beach, Cronulla [Now you know which part of Sydney I live in!] Apart from these, I’m going to have to google what other touristy stuff can be done here.

Before all that though, I have the coming week to deal with. Have a stressful day tomorrow. Then three client days to wrap things up with a day off in between due to Anzac Day.

So how has your weekend been? And what’s your week looking like?

Maddie
    April 22, 2012 at 9:30 am

Sounds interesting PB. Hope you have a great holiday with your sister and parents. Even my parents are coming to visit us 2 weeks from now. I haven’t planned out so elaborately but I do intend to take them out to see Edinburgh.

I hope your kitties will be just fine 🙂

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

That’s great that your parents are visiting too Maddie! I must admit, I was happy to not travel outside of Sydney but my sis and parents wanted to. In fact, my sis wanted to go to other places too! And have to cram it all in a week because they gave me earlier dates before and I committed to running groups at work so now have to go in to work on a couple of days in the weeks after.

Scribby
    April 22, 2012 at 9:30 am

whoa that sounds fun PB 🙂 and don’t worry about the kitties..they should be fine,I promise 🙂 🙂 have fun!

Sid the Gnome
    April 22, 2012 at 11:39 am

Aaah, great ocean road – it has many memories for me. My mum is from Southen Vic so we have some family and friends down there. It’s a hairy road and even more so when the driver is someone who knows it backwards and flies along there. Eeek!

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:27 am

Sid, after booking a motel close to the CBD for the 3 nights, I found out that it might have been helpful to actually stay overnight along the great ocean road! Oh well…even if we don’t do it this time, I have a friend living in Melb so will do it sometime next year!

Lilly
    April 22, 2012 at 11:56 am

How very exciting for you to have your family over here. Just enjoy and take it easy and dont try and do too much. I had a great weekend and it looks like rain for most of this coming week so It will be just work and more work I guess. Have a great week.

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

Thanks Lilly…it’s exciting and a bit stressful at the same time! 😀 I’ve had to cram all the non-Sydney travel in a week because my family initially told me they would come mid-April till mid-May but then ended up postponing their trip…and by this time, I’d committed to running groups for work which had already been advertised! So in between this, I’ll still be going to work on 3 days!

Makk
    April 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Cats are independent creature by nature that way, they know how be all by your self.

In fact dogs are dependent that way.

So point which generally go not so well with kitty people is, when they behave like independent, they don’t even spare anyone, be it the foster family it self.

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:43 am

Actually Makk, not all cats are independent. Mine definitely are not. They are more like dogs in their temperament. They wait for me to get home and even when I’m home, they follow me everywhere…

Bikramjit
    April 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm

excellent , I remmeber the drive from sydney to Gold Coast.. hearing it from you i so want to do it again ..
    have lots of fun but one week to do all that will be hectic 🙂

Bikram’s

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:47 am

Oh the reason for cramming it all in a week Bikram is because my family were first supposed to come mid-Apr but then changed their dates. By then, I’d committed to running some groups for work and it was advertised and everything…which basically means, the last couple of weeks of their stay, I’m working 2 days each week. So can’t travel outside of NSW at that time! 😛

R's Mom
    April 23, 2012 at 3:46 am

Wow! enjoy the stay..its super fun to have parents and sis around eh 🙂

Psych Babblerâ„¢
      April 23, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’m excited but also a bit stressed. Hopefully all should work out all right RM!

gangu
    April 23, 2012 at 11:34 am

have a great time, PB. Going by your posts, this vacation has taken some time in materializing!

All I want this holiday season… - Over Cups of Coffee
    December 6, 2012 at 9:00 pm

[…] my parents visited earlier this year, they bought me three packets of this coffee. And it’s been great. Except now, […]

2012 Year in review: The good, the crap and downright shitty | Over Cups of Coffee
    December 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

[…] my parents and sister coming to visit. And us going to Cairns, Brisbane and Melbourne. Pebbles and Buttons got along […]