Humour

Sing out loud

Some mornings, despite waking up at 4:30 and working out at the gym, I’m half asleep when I head out to work about 3 hours later. But lately I’ve realised that there is something really special that can help awaken me from that slumber.

No, it’s not coffee [even though I have to have one before I leave home]

It’s not even a drug.

It’s having a some rocking CDs in the car to listen to and more importantly, to sing out loud to.

This week, my Tuesday morning was one such morning especially since it was after a long weekend. And you won’t believe how awake I was after singing [possibly out of tune] to some of the following songs:

I head bang and everything. I reckon other drivers probably think I’m nuts. But trust me, when you are half asleep and have an hour’s drive ahead of you, this is gold!

On a side note, my friend C got tickets for us to see Linkin Park in February next year! πŸ˜€ And this weekend, I also hope to buy CDs for the new albums by The Killers and Green Day. Excited to have new songs to sing to in the car.

So what songs do you love to drive to? And do you sing out loud as well?Β

Do share.

Kim McDang
    October 4, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Totally with you about singing along to The Killers. Especially the song All These Things That I’ve Done. “I’ve got soul, but I’m not a soldier! I’ve got soul, but I’m not a soldier!!!”

October 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I absolutely love that entire album of theirs Kim! Great songs to sing to…. πŸ˜€

October 5, 2012 at 1:26 am

i just listen to radio more times than not, but i agree. this singing along gig definitely does perk one up. i definitely do it too πŸ˜€

October 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I do listen to the radio but generally in the mornings they tend to talk more than play music! So if I’m in one of my sleepy moods, I prefer having my CDs blasting.

penandpeplum
    October 5, 2012 at 7:16 am

Oh gosh… 430?!? I don’t think anything could drag me out of bed at that hour. I totally admire your commitment. My song of choice at the moment is “Shake it out” by Florence + the Machine. Feel sorry for those driving around me. Haha… oh well.

October 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Yeah…430 πŸ™ Only way I get to the gym. After work I’m too tired to even attempt to go. Hmm…have to listen to the song you mentioned…will check it out on Youtube. My knowledge of current songs is limited to what Triple M plays…

Comfy
    October 5, 2012 at 7:53 am

My fav. song to sing (scream) along is ‘Living on the edge’..Something is wrong with the world today, I don’t know what it is..even when I am not a fan of Aerosmith. I totally get the pick me up singing along with some of these songs is. πŸ™‚

October 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Ooh…that’s a nice one to scream to Comfy! Totally gets you in the mood to kickstart your day!

shail
    October 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Wow, another one like me! I mean I ward off sleepiness with songs too, though not while driving. Any time. It energizes you and puts you back on your feet, totally full of beans to tackle whatever is next on the agenda. πŸ™‚

October 8, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I need to try it at other times too…although if I’m at home generally I might wake myself up with coffee or going online or something active. Driving can be so monotonous…

GR
    October 6, 2012 at 6:02 am

I love listening to music on long drives and what best way to enjoy them other than sing them out loud and indulge in the moment. πŸ™‚

The songs I listen to while driving are mostly Hindi classics (like old songs, melodies, ghazals) at this moment. But I do enjoy US hits as well.

October 8, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I agree totally GR….”indulge in the moment” and that’s precisely what it is! πŸ™‚