Life

Protected: Dating Diary: The how-do-you-do-it edition

Smita
    April 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Between changing my readers I didn’t realise that I have stopped following you. It was when I saw your update on twitter that I realised my mistake! And also realised that a lot has been happening here 🙂

After reading the past posts all I will say is take every day as it comes. Leave the old baggage out of this and if you are having a good time then have it. Why worry about things which are not in your control? Stop anticipating and give yourself a good chance!
    Smita recently posted…Rant I will because I want to!My Profile

April 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Is that why you have been MIA from here Smita?? 🙂 Good to have you back! Yeah I really need to let go off my previous baggage. And as everyone I know keeps telling me — stop worrying and enjoy the moments! I try…honestly. But my anxiety can overtake me sometimes.

Smita
    April 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Smita recently posted…Rant I will because I want to!My Profile

April 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm

PeeVee™
    April 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I don’t claim to be an expert but I can very well say that you seem to be over-thinking this. Its been only a month, you say? Breathe, PB. And enjoy the initial butterflies of courtship. Have fun. Smile. Laugh. And lean on his shoulder a little bit. Most of all, give it time. Lots of it. Before you take any decisions, give it a lotttt of time. Coz only time, and nothing else, can tell.

I hope this helps!
    And I also hope this goes where you want it to 🙂

April 30, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Haha thanks PeeVee! Over-analysis is my middle name! I have had several people tell me to STOP OVER-ANALYSING!!! I need to shut down my brain and just be present. I know. But it’s easier said than done. And I’m supposed to be a frigging psychologist. Sigh…

PeeVee™
    April 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I hope this helps!
    And I also hope this goes where you want it to 🙂

April 30, 2013 at 8:42 pm

missRBit
    April 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm

First off, I’m really happy for you that things are going well. 🙂 After breaking up with my ex of 9 years, I was convinced I couldn’t do a relationship properly again and had very similar issues as you. I was convinced I wasn’t ready for a relationship. However then I met J and all my “I am not ready for this” ideas went out of my head. Well almost. Like you, I stressed a LOT. I stressed about being abandoned and was insecure (in a non-psycho) even one year into our relationship. Not because he made me feel insecure – he has been nothing but amazing right from the beginning but the issues were my own.
    However, despite the craziness in my head and the anxiety, I just kept telling myself to trust in myself and have faith and take one moment, one day, one week at a time and see how it goes. I had crazy moments by myself. I hyperventilated, I cried and almost broke up with him because I was worried about being and wanted to prevent it. But then I remembered how happy he made me and how much he made me laugh like no one else…and almost 3 years later, it’s going very well. The anxiety disappeared over time 🙂

Like you said, you’re having fun and at the end of the day it’s important to remember that. Have fun and do what makes you happy. Whether it works out in the long term or does not, you will come out of it with no regrets and happy 🙂
    missRBit recently posted…Just so we’re clear…My Profile

April 30, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Thanks for sharing that MissRBit! I’m so totally insecure too (in a non-psycho way!) 😛 I also realise it’s too soon to even start feeling insecure but the stupid anxiety has taken over. I need to do that. Take it one moment, one day, one week at a time. And continue to call/harass my friends when I go through my neurotic phases. Thanks again…

missRBit
    April 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm

missRBit recently posted…Just so we’re clear…My Profile

April 30, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Maddie
    April 30, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I hear ya, over-analysis and permutation combination of all that he said you said and what it means. But give it more time. You are the psychologist you already know some of your fears about the English guy are baseless. So try not to think about them. And whenever and if you feel uncomfortable with him, just tell him so. From what you have said about him, I think he will be happy with you for being honest and open about how you feel. 🙂 And do enjoy your time 😀

Maddie
    April 30, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Comfy
    May 2, 2013 at 6:40 am

Those initial few months are the worst and the best. Reading your post made me smile, because the wanting to spend time together, the happiness when you are together, the ‘something is missing’ where you have not talked in a while, the anxiety attacks are all part of that stage. It does better in the sense of the fears subside, so take a deep breadth every time you start over thinking. And hang in there 🙂
    Comfy recently posted…In conversation with..My Profile

Comfy
    May 2, 2013 at 6:40 am

Comfy recently posted…In conversation with..My Profile

LF
    May 19, 2013 at 4:40 am

Reading this post makes me think you are indeed getting close to him, I felt all these things(anxiety, missing, feel like spending more and more time, look forward to hear him and so on) too, I would say just go with the flow, time will help you decide. Good luck to you..

I have written my story here, may be you could read some of my feelings of me through it. I will email you the password.

LF recently posted…RainMy Profile