The Month That Was

The Month that was March

Image Source: Here

Image Source: Here

Three months into 2013 and I’m enjoying every moment so far. Sure, I could do with taking some moments to reflect and I suppose that’s kinda what I’m hoping to get out of these posts. A reflection on the month gone by. March was yet another eventful and busy month. A month where I pushed myself and stepped well out of my comfort zone. I learnt that I am more capable than I ever give myself credit for. And that when I give things a go, I actually feel a lot more confident.

March was the month of International Women’s Day and I volunteered at a stall for my local Amnesty group to promote women’s rights and end violence against women. It was also a month I joined a new book club and at the end of the month have realised that I just might be doing a bit too much given that I’m quarter of the way through both books and have to finish them by next week! It was also a month where I got really annoyed about an article on rape advisory for Indian women which prompted me to have a response of my own. It has also been the month where I crossed 900 posts on this blog. And it got me thinking that I should do something big for my 1000th post!

In addition to work and book clubs and Amnesty group meetings, I’ll fondly remember March for some amazing bushwalks and a spontaneous trip down the coast. I have met an interesting guy through the bushwalking group and while I have no idea where it is headed, I’m enjoying living in the moment. While at the same time expanding my social group through this meetup group and coming in contact with other fun-loving and interesting individuals. I have also realised that apparently, when I am not thinking about dating or meeting someone, I can actually be myself and some people might find that attractive enough to ask me out. Go figure. Oh well, I suppose it’s better late than never to learn that!

March was a learning curve for me in my personal life. A month of some amazing experiences.

I only hope the rest of 2013 has more learning, more adventure and more love for life in store.

Here’s looking to April!

How was your March?

R's Mom
    April 1, 2013 at 2:33 pm

My March was Gah! with tons of fever and loads of head aches….wishing that the April turns a bit kind on me πŸ™‚
    R’s Mom recently posted…Of Seed Money, Slates and CakesMy Profile

R's Mom
    April 1, 2013 at 2:33 pm

R’s Mom recently posted…Of Seed Money, Slates and CakesMy Profile

NS
    April 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Wow. Thats lots happening in one month!!
    NS recently posted…Me, The Kitchen QueenMy Profile

NS
    April 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Wow. Thats lots happening in one month!!
    NS recently posted…Me, The Kitchen QueenMy Profile

Maddie
    April 1, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Happening month! March for me was too busy! Maybe will do a post on it soon!
    Maddie recently posted…Book Review: Run to MeMy Profile

April 29, 2013 at 9:14 pm

You should too Maddie…nice way to reflect sometimes on a busy month! πŸ™‚

Maddie
    April 1, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Happening month! March for me was too busy! Maybe will do a post on it soon!
    Maddie recently posted…Book Review: Run to MeMy Profile

April 29, 2013 at 9:14 pm

You should too Maddie…nice way to reflect sometimes on a busy month! πŸ™‚

Kaddu
    April 2, 2013 at 4:56 am

Was a busy month for me too… lots of cooking, baby-sitting and Reiki. Managed to read some books too. Couldn’t blog as much as I’d planned to though. Hopefully, I’ll remedy it this month. Attempting another round of daily blogging in April.
    Kaddu recently posted…Book Review: The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoMy Profile

April 29, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Looking forward to your daily blogging Kaddu! I’m impressed…doubt I can do that anytime soon.

Kaddu
    April 2, 2013 at 4:56 am

Kaddu recently posted…Book Review: The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoMy Profile

April 29, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Avada Kedavra
    April 3, 2013 at 10:55 am

That sounds like a pretty busy month for you. I got busy too πŸ™ Work at office got very hectic and is gonna be hectic for few more weeks. 900 posts is really an achievement PB.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Experience is the best teacherMy Profile