Life

I’m thinking of ending things…

…with the English Guy {not my life, if that’s what you thought initially!}

As you know, things have been stressful in my life and I’m burnt out. And well, the text message that pushed me over the edge last week was from him. Cancelling on a plan we’d made for Thursday night. There was no apology in that text. And the reason for cancelling was pretty stupid. I got the shits with him. Expectedly. It was the fourth time he’d cancelled. And this time, after I’d mentioned it the week before that I did not like being cancelled on. I didn’t reply to his text straight away. And when I did, it was short. And he asked if I was ok. To which I said no. Duh! He couldn’t call me that night because he was expecting an important call.

But basically, in my head I had had enough.

He rang the next day and apologised. A few times.

We talked about cancelling plans and how frustrating it is for me. He’s not a planner. And I know that. And he knows I plan. I told him that because I’m busy too, I need to plan. I need to know things in advance so I don’t double book. He on the other hand, can wake up one morning and just decide what he wants to do. We’ve had some stressful times when he doesn’t confirm plans with me till almost the last minute.

I ended up going on a bushwalk with him yesterday despite N and C advising me against it. Because we had talked about it earlier in the week and well, because I wanted to do the walk. And while I enjoyed the walk and the time spent with him, I realised that there is no future to this.ย It would have been weird though to end things yesterday. Especially as I was in pain {I pulled my left glute muscles sleeping the night before!} and we were both really tired. But interestingly, at the end of last night, we didn’t talk about when to meet each other next.

I’d like to do it sooner rather than later. Just for peace of mind. Which means I need to find the time to meet up with him as I can’t do it over the phone {too rude, in my opinion}

I’m not looking forward to it as I don’t do break-ups too well.

I cry.

I doubt.

I question.

I have fears.

But I know rationally, I need to do it.

I need a break. Especially given my current stress levels. And he’s currently got a lot on his plate as well.

Maybe it’s for the best.

Jacana
    June 10, 2013 at 8:50 pm

It’s a tough decision and break ups are not fun.

June 11, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Tell me about it Jacana…even though now, almost 48 hours later, I get the feeling he may thinking along the same lines as I haven’t heard from him. So maybe it will be easier than I thought…

Aravindh
    June 10, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Hope all goes well for you. It does not seem like he will make a big fuss over it either from what I see, so I’m guessing it will be all right.
    Aravindh recently posted…The Pale Blue DotMy Profile

June 11, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Aravindh…you know, I think he’ll be fine with it too. In fact, I’ve been thinking since yesterday that he might be wanting to end it too but probably didn’t know how and well, thought this way he would piss me off enough for me to do it! ๐Ÿ˜›

Tuhina Mahan
    June 10, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Hugs.

Keep yourself busy. Break-ups, no matter how rational, are hard and drains a lot from you. A break might be a good idea at this point….
    Tuhina Mahan recently posted…AmbitionsMy Profile

June 11, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Yeah Tuhina…I’m going to have to keep myself very busy. Especially with the gym! But yeah, will see how things go. It’ll be hard no matter what…for me more than him I feel.

Whoa, Molly!
    June 10, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I’ve just been through a breakup myself. It was awful and I did all those things you mentioned. I hope that you get through it okay and that you come out the other side happier.

x
    Whoa, Molly! recently posted…One of โ€˜The Fearsโ€™: Wasted Potential and the Well Running DryMy Profile

June 11, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Yeah I keep telling myself this should be fine given we were only going out for a couple of months as compared to my last break-up which was a long term relationship. So hopefully, I’ll be ok. Just have to keep busy after… ๐Ÿ™‚

Smita
    June 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm

You know whats best for you and I am sure you have thought through all this. So just be happy and do not think too much. That will be better for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Take Care!

June 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Yeah Smita, I guess in my gut I had some doubts the last two weeks or so. And then being burnt out has just added to it. So I think my decision is the right one for now…thanks for the hugs and the support… ๐Ÿ™‚

Comfy
    June 11, 2013 at 9:18 am

Breakup is very easy, but you have to do what is right for you. Hope you get through it without many issue.

Hugs!
    Comfy recently posted…All the worldโ€™s a stageMy Profile

June 11, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I’m guessing you were saying it’s not easy… ๐Ÿ™‚ But yeah, I hope it goes ok…

More than words
    June 11, 2013 at 11:31 am

I think you are the best judge…..if you see there is no future in this then there is no point dragging and elevating your already high stress level…….just relax…..things will fall into place when you least look for it…….do visit my blog ….am new on the block…..
    More than words recently posted…Something About TodayMy Profile

June 11, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Welcome More than words! Yeah I think I’ve given it some thought and am ok with the decision. I do hope things fall into place though…feel like everything is up in the air. Will check out your blog. Thanks for visiting! ๐Ÿ™‚

R's Mom
    June 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Hugs hugs hugs rey…hope things go fine for you..
    R’s Mom recently posted…Randomness ReturnsMy Profile

June 13, 2013 at 6:21 am

Thanks RM. I do think he’s thinking along those lines as I haven’t heard from him since we last met & I haven’t contacted him either.

Avada Kedavra
    June 15, 2013 at 6:04 am

Hugs PB.. I am sure you have thought this through. If you feel it is not working out, it is better to breakup now. Breakups are ugly usually.. like others said, keep yourself busy.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Some flowersMy Profile