Thus we learn

Image source: Here
Image source: Here

I had no trouble touching stuff. Rubbish bins, doors, other people’s bags, the floor on the train or the public toilet seat. As time went on though, I got told off for touching these things.

Wash your hands!” was the constant refrain.

Yuck…touching a rubbish bin means you’ll get other people’s germs.”

You don’t want to fall sick and die, do you?”

Don’t touch me if you’ve touched the doorknob!

Soon it became a habit to wash my hands five times after touching something.

Some days, it’s hard to get out of my sanitised house for fear of those germs.

***Linking up with Write Tribe’s 100 Words on Saturday***

10 Comments

1. nabanita

January 20, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Ohh that’s an interesting take on the prompt 🙂

Very nice !
    nabanita recently posted…The Little Red Book – IIIMy Profile

2. shellymona

January 21, 2014 at 11:27 am

These days the raised pollution levels hinder us to out normally….
    Nice take on the prompt…
    shellymona recently posted…Impressions …My Profile

1. Psych Babbler

January 22, 2014 at 8:08 pm

True…I think in the end, it’s about finding a balance between being hygienic and touching things that are not yours. Thanks! 🙂

3. Brad Scott

January 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

The pollution is increasing day by day. We really need to educate our child.
    Brad Scott recently posted…Top 3 WordPress Membership PluginsMy Profile

1. Psych Babbler

January 22, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I agree Brad but I also think there needs to be a balance between educating and making them paranoid to the point of not being able to do anything without washing their hands… Welcome here!

4. Mi

January 21, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Firstly, that click is adorable, whereever you picked it up from! 😀

The post is nice, as usual.. now things have changed so much, that we overprotect ourselves and kids. But there is no other way to stay safe either!
    Mi recently posted…Me vs MeMy Profile

1. Psych Babbler

January 22, 2014 at 8:11 pm

It’s hard to find a balance, huh? Hopefully we can find one without overprotecting kids and letting them get into mess and get hurt. The pic was from Vidya Suri’s blog and was the photo prompt for this write up… 🙂

5. vishalbheeroo

January 23, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Hehe! That’s a lovely one and absolutely well and sweetly written. I remember how I was urged to wash hands as a kid and I hated it!!!!!
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…100 Words on Saturday 2014-3My Profile

6. sitara nair

January 24, 2014 at 1:26 am

nicely penned,as a mother I know how much you have to coax children to wash their hands.
    sitara nair recently posted…The lost toy……………………..My Profile