Fear

medium_4043776344

He watched her walk away trying hard not to cry. It took every ounce of energy to not rush after her and hold her. To tell her how he really felt. That he felt the same; if not more deeply.

But he was scared. Afraid she was too good for him. That she too would leave him like everyone else. And so, he’d done what was safest for him. Told her she was a friend. Nothing more.

He wished he knew then what he knew now. He might have been less afraid had they not been friends for a year.

(c) Over Cups of Coffee

***Linking with Write Tribe for 100 Words on Saturday***

photo credit: skoeber via photopin cc

1. Nibha

May 21, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Fear like this often leaves so many hearts alone waiting for their other half!
    Nibha recently posted…She Wished She KnewMy Profile

2. Shailaja V

May 21, 2014 at 9:42 pm

What a lonely life he must lead. I feel very sorry for him. Beautiful picture you’ve chosen to go with this prompt. And hey, I need to read those stories you referred to on my post earlier today. The anecdotal variety 😉

3. Shilpa Garg

May 21, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Beautifully narrated, PB. Can feel his pain and anguish! Sometimes, our fears and insecurities can overpower us!! Sad for both of them!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Far Beyond the Dead EndMy Profile

4. Soumya

May 21, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Oh! This happened to me once. Yes, it hurts!

He did not leave me I did. Because of his insecurities and questions like “What would you do if you found someone better looking?”. I knew I had to let go then. It did hurt, but I chose the short lived pain over the long term torture.
    Soumya recently posted…Growing Wings To FlyMy Profile

5. sahiti

May 22, 2014 at 3:27 am

Sometimes you need to let out what you feel, having regrets is one of the most painful things of life, nice take 🙂

6. Ananya Kiran

May 22, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Well narrated !
    Ananya Kiran recently posted…Mrs. India Washington – The Big DayMy Profile

7. SITARA NAIR

May 24, 2014 at 7:31 pm

picture is beautifully describes loneliness…
    feeling lonely is so traumatic
    SITARA NAIR recently posted…She wished she knew then what she knew now……………….My Profile

8. J.Gi Federizo

May 25, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Brief, but really nice 🙂
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…My Five Theme Songs to Live ByMy Profile

9. sheela

May 26, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Yeah… suppressing the desire is somehow easier than speaking up their heart … irony of love
    sheela recently posted…Keeping the illusion aliveMy Profile

Comments are closed.