Life

What gets me out of bed

We have had a few really cold mornings lately and I for one, am over winter. Having said that, Β I still wake up at 5 every weekday morning and depending on if I’m working or have a hike on the weekend, at about 5 or 6 then as well. So what gets me out of bed even on freezing cold mornings?

PicMonkey Collage

Exercise: Just knowing I’m going to be working out at 6 and getting those endorphins pumping is enough to get me out of bed. I love the knowledge that I will be starting my day in a kick-arse manner. Even on days like today when it was bloody 2.3 degrees when I hit the gym and when we ran outside as part of bootcamp. Sure, my hands were numb in the end but it was still a great work out.

Coffee: Ah coffee. Where would I be without it? I love my morning coffee and even though most weekdays I gulp it down at home without a second thought, I do enjoy it on weekends. I haven’t been to my favourite coffee shop in a couple of weeks but that was another motivating factor to get out of bed. A superbly made skim cappuccino at Checkpoint Charlie Espresso Bar. I really should make my way there sometime this week.

Sunrise: While I don’t necessarily always see the sun rise, I do see bits of it and a delightful sky in the morning. There is something glorious about a pink and orange sky so early in the day.

Knowing I can have a longer day: I get up early on weekends too because somehow I hate the idea of wasting a day. The earlier I wake up, the longer the day is and the more I can fit in. Be it hikes, getting outdoors, writing, socialising or exercising, it all awaits me!

Getting to work early: I love getting to work early before anyone else. Somehow, knowing that I can get my day started when it’s quiet kinda gets me out of bed. Plus I get to beat the horrible Sydney traffic if I’m at work by 7:15. I find that after my exercise, I’m chirpy and energetic and singing on my way to work. Yes, I am one of those annoying people!

So what gets you out of bed every morning?

And are you a morning person or would you stab me if you saw me in the morning?

Do share!Β

Cheers!!

nabanita
    August 6, 2014 at 9:18 pm

My bai gets me out of bed every morning! Sigh! If I could I would sleep till 9 every morning, even on weekdays …Nah I’m not a morning person! πŸ˜€
    nabanita recently posted…Just a short list…My Profile

nabanita
    August 6, 2014 at 9:18 pm

nabanita recently posted…Just a short list…My Profile

More than Words
    August 7, 2014 at 1:00 am

For a very long time I was not a morning person ….. But these days I enjoy the early morning hours …. And definitely the knowledge of a longer day is enough to send me out of the covers…..and the other thing I notice is getting out of bed early has an energizing effect on me vs being lazy and sleeping till late….
    More than Words recently posted…Busy Busy Busy !!!My Profile

More than Words
    August 7, 2014 at 1:00 am

More than Words recently posted…Busy Busy Busy !!!My Profile

Laurel Regan
    August 7, 2014 at 6:39 am

I am most definitely NOT a morning person, LOL… so tough to relate to anything on your list except coffee! πŸ˜‰
    Laurel Regan recently posted…Peace begins in my heartMy Profile

Laurel Regan
    August 7, 2014 at 6:39 am

Laurel Regan recently posted…Peace begins in my heartMy Profile

Avada Kedavra
    August 7, 2014 at 6:41 am

I am definitely not a morning person. I can sleep happily until late afternoon, if there is no alarm to wake me. πŸ™‚
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Fruits challengeMy Profile

Avada Kedavra
    August 7, 2014 at 6:41 am

Avada Kedavra recently posted…Fruits challengeMy Profile

Lydia C. Lee
    August 7, 2014 at 8:45 am

I get up at 6 to write – I only get about an hour and 15 mins and then all the kids stuff starts, so it’s quite a driving force…

Lydia C. Lee
    August 7, 2014 at 8:45 am

Beloo Mehra
    August 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I used to be an early morning person, but for the last couple of years it has been a struggle even to get up at 6:30/7. Lately what has been making me get out of bed is the doorbell, courtesy the milkman πŸ™‚ And yes a good cup of hot tea is always something to look forward to once I am a bit more myself after getting up. Since I work from home now, I don’t feel the urge to get ready that early, so enjoy my email browsing in the morning after tea πŸ™‚
    Beloo Mehra recently posted…Cholamandal on the Blog, againMy Profile

simple girl
    August 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I was totally a morning person .. I kind of know what you mean when you say you enjoy the morning cuppa, the sun rise and all..
    simple girl recently posted…Trying to be sane…My Profile

Me-er
    August 7, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Hi5 to another morning person πŸ™‚ When I gave the reason of “having a longer weekend” a few of my friends made fun of me.. The things I manage to to before my roommate gets up is what keeps me believing in this.. πŸ™‚
    Me-er recently posted…So, you are an engineera ?My Profile

Sulekha
    August 7, 2014 at 5:48 pm

I wake up at 6 daily but laze around in bed. No exercise before 10 A M for me, that too not every day. Your post is so inspiring, I need to go for a walk and improve the quality of my day πŸ™‚ will try. Thanks.

Tegan
    August 7, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination and I would probably stab you if we came into contact in the morning lol! Those memes about liking morning more if it started in the afternoon? They were written about me!

Thanks for linking up with us at The Lounge!
    Tegan recently posted…Awesome Alphabet of MeMy Profile

PeeVeeβ„’
    August 7, 2014 at 7:18 pm

5 in the morning?!! :O
    Would you have any way of inspiring me to do the same? And get some exercise as well?

Michelle Liew
    August 7, 2014 at 8:46 pm

My favorite…the coffee!
    Michelle Liew recently posted…Magic WandMy Profile

Shalini
    August 8, 2014 at 12:13 am

Noooo.. not a morning person at all!! πŸ™ But this post is an inspiration! Wow!! I know, I wouldn’t be able to do it asap. But I’ll try πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Kindly support me @the all new Food Blog- Something’s Cooking
    Shalini recently posted…Fab Five!My Profile

Roshan Radhakrishnan
    August 8, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Haha.. for me, exercise makes me cringe and hide under the blanket all over again πŸ˜€ You would have to tempt and coax me out with the promise of free food!
    (P.S. Does not help that I’m a doctor and should be advising people to follow your routine instead of hiding under my blanket and stealing an extra hour of sleep, eh?)
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…Railonama – An anthologyMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    August 10, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Hold on!! I still can’t get past the fact that you get up at 5!! seriously girl!!! what is wrong with you πŸ˜› you make me feel like a lazy snail πŸ˜› I somehow manage to get out of bed by 7:45 on weekdays… and then rush to office. I need to take tips from you.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…3D Quilling ElephantMy Profile