Can I eat this

mud cake

The gooey chocolate mud cake was making eyes at me. I could see him trying to tempt me, the tease! But I wouldnโ€™t succumb. Willpower. After all, the scales screamed seventy kilos today.

Fuck willpower.

You only live once.

I binged.

(c) Sanch – Living my Imperfect Life

photo credit: Citrus and Candy via photopin cc

21 Comments

1. that cynking feeling

September 9, 2014 at 5:39 am

Your description of the cake made my mouth water. Dammit! Now I want cake.
    that cynking feeling recently posted…crowMy Profile

2. Stacie

September 9, 2014 at 5:45 am

Now, I want cake. That sounds so delicious!
    Stacie recently posted…Manโ€™s Best FriendMy Profile

3. Hugzilla

September 9, 2014 at 6:14 am

That cake looks magnificent in all its chocolately goodness.
    Hugzilla recently posted…Seven Rookie Errors I Made as a First-Time ParentMy Profile

4. Kinmin

September 9, 2014 at 6:15 am

Been there, done that! I give in to temptation way too often! Working at home today, and just ate two servings of double fudge brownie ice cream (http://www.edys.com/SlowChurned/Flavor/2562)!! So good!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kinmin recently posted…Days of Gratitude โ€“ Sep 7My Profile

5. TN Kerr

September 9, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I had to google “willpower.” Not a word I’m familiar with.
    Go ahead
    Have some cake
    If you don’t eat it all tonight it will just taunt you in the morning.
    I like the direction you took this.

1. Clare

September 9, 2014 at 8:56 pm

“If you don’t eat it all tonight it will just taunt you in the morning” is exactly what the little voice in my head told me last night when I was staring at deliciousness in the fridge. This comment made me laugh out loud.

6. Fiona

September 9, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Just let yourself have some! A small amount now beats the whole cake later!!!
    Fiona recently posted…She insisted on doing her own @Liptember makeupMy Profile

7. Jennifer Knoblock

September 9, 2014 at 6:13 pm

At first, I saw only the picture and the first two lines…then I scrolled down and saw the rest. Hey, I’m cheering for you, either way!
    Jennifer Knoblock recently posted…If they were fishesโ€ฆMy Profile

8. KymmInBarcelona

September 9, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I’ve been there. No, wait. I mean I’m there all the time. I live there.
    KymmInBarcelona recently posted…DipMy Profile

9. Clare

September 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Great post. I once read something about how much regret passengers on Titanic must have had after passing on dessert (or seconds on dessert) that fateful night. I use that sometimes (yesterday) as an excuse to eat half a cake. Terrible, I know, but your post reminded me of it! Love the rebellion.
    Clare recently posted…Someplace ElseMy Profile

10. Uma

September 9, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Who can resist with a cake like that! Damn the diets..you can double up the workout the next day ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Uma recently posted…The Answer- Light and Shade ChallengeMy Profile

11. Kathy S Combs

September 9, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Alas, cake wins every time! Damn the scale! Really liked this one! โ™ฅ
    Kathy S Combs recently posted…Yes!My Profile

12. Shailaja V

September 10, 2014 at 1:53 am

NO! You didn’t! BAD! Then again, I would have done the same thing ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Shailaja V recently posted…From 15 to 50: Fiction Link Up- September 2014My Profile

13. Christine

September 10, 2014 at 2:49 am

Ha! Some battles I just choose not to fight. Plus, once it’s gone, it’s gone, right? ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for linking up with us!
    Christine recently posted…PaintMy Profile

16. Laith

September 10, 2014 at 3:57 am

Yum. Darn this prompt… so many folks are making me hungry… ๐Ÿ™‚
    Laith recently posted…Fruit: Gargleblaster #178My Profile

17. Sarah Ann

September 10, 2014 at 7:22 am

A cake making eyes at you is a wicked cake and needs to go.
    Sarah Ann recently posted…Ris de veau โ€“ #gargleblaster178My Profile

18. Marcy

September 10, 2014 at 8:03 am

Mmmmm… chocolate! I like how you structured this with the words at the bottom.
    Marcy recently posted…Riddle on a Plate: What Am I?My Profile

19. lovehappynotes

September 10, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Yum now I’m so hungry, I think I’ll go and eat cake!
    lovehappynotes recently posted…I scream for Ice-creamMy Profile

20. Mi

September 10, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Wow…that looks delicious.. I wanna eat it too now..