Poetry

The pay is crap anyway
It’s not about
the status;
there’s not much to say
It’s about
the passion
for helping others in need
It’s about understanding
and listening sans judging
It’s hard work
but fulfilling indeed

(c) Sanch – Living my Imperfect Life

photo credit: seyed mostafa zamani via photopin cc

19 Comments

Fiona
    November 13, 2014 at 11:11 am

🙂

Yes, that’s the sort of job I have too.
    Fiona recently posted…My new muse – The Purple-Shirted Eye Stabber from Cyanide and Happiness!My Profile

Christine
    November 13, 2014 at 11:27 am

Sanch, I love this! Both the message and the way you wrote it. I really like the casual rhyme scheme you’ve got going on. Really great answer to the question. Thanks for joining us this week!
    Christine recently posted…DaredevilMy Profile

Nate
    November 13, 2014 at 11:48 am

Hey Sanch! Thanks for submitting this week. If you’d like to be in the voting and the writing contest, you need to fill out an entry form before we stop accepting submissions tonight. http://yeahwrite.me/yeah-write-november-writing-contest-entry-form/ Thanks!

AuraofthoughtsMeenalSonal
    November 13, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Nice piece of work Sanch, passion indeed is the key.

nabanita
    November 13, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Can’t say that about my job 🙁 sigh!
    nabanita recently posted…#MicroblogMondays 11: Grateful MondaysMy Profile

Snoskred
    November 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

That is the kind of job I want, but there is a condition which is very difficult to fulfill. I want a boss who is a decent human being. I’m sick of working for people who, when their actions are examined, are not good people and don’t treat their employees decently.

Oops, we’ll stop that right there. I left a place nearly 6 months ago but looks like I have not built the bridge and got over it yet. 😉

It would be nice to do something meaningful and that has lasting effects on people, or on the world. I’m seriously thinking about event planning as my next career. 🙂

As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I also add participating blogs to my feed reader.

So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, I’m reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you’ll likely see me drop by again during November.

Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    Snoskred recently posted…The Kitties & CarterMy Profile

elly stornebrink
    November 13, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Love your poem Sanch! So nice to be able to enjoy your job, especially if you spend so much time at it. Do you mind if I ask you what line of work you are in? 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…Writer’s Block: Not?My Profile

KymmInBarcelona
    November 13, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Like Christine, I really enjoyed the rhymes in this.
    Wish I could say the same about my job!
    KymmInBarcelona recently posted…Motherhood, Part IIMy Profile

Vidya Sury
    November 13, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Short, yet so sweet, Sanch! Loved your poem.
    You’ve nicely summed up the ideal way to feel about any effort!
    Vidya Sury recently posted…Kindness. Always Possible!My Profile

Rajlakshmi
    November 13, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I am glad I started working here in Sydney. I never thought that I would fall in love with my job again 🙂 Loved your rhyme. Wonderful message said so matter of factly … loved that.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Credit Card Fraud Transaction – Resolved !!My Profile

Meena Menon
    November 13, 2014 at 11:21 pm

fingers crossed, we all can say tht abt our job one day!
    Meena Menon recently posted…Destiny…My Profile

Jasbir @jasbeeray
    November 14, 2014 at 12:52 am

Lovely poem. Love how it rhymes. It is great you are doing what makes you happy, that’s truly priceless. It is something I have discovered too.
    Jasbir @jasbeeray recently posted…The (other) talkMy Profile

Jen
    November 14, 2014 at 1:27 am

Sounds like the perfect job!
    Jen recently posted…The Secret KeepersMy Profile

Kathy S Combs
    November 14, 2014 at 2:36 am

That is about what all jobs add up to in the long run. Great take on the prompt!
    Kathy S Combs recently posted…The TestMy Profile

Stacie
    November 14, 2014 at 8:14 am

I hope you have a job like that! Very well done Sanch!
    Stacie recently posted…In All FairnessMy Profile

Anastasia Amour
    November 14, 2014 at 9:56 am

Beautifully written!

yeah write #187 challenge winners: week two picks for November contestyeah write
    November 15, 2014 at 12:41 am

[…] not just a job by sanch […]

Shailaja V
    November 15, 2014 at 2:20 pm

very nicely done! I am glad to see you made it to the Editor’s picks at Yeah Write for this one 🙂
    Shailaja V recently posted…Feed a child, Save a LifeMy Profile