Adulthood

Control

How deluded was I,
Now, into adulthood,
It means:
Responsibility

(c) Sanch – Living my Imperfect Life

photo credit: mamamusings via photopin cc

11 Comments

1. Tina

December 4, 2014 at 2:00 am

Yeah, nobody mentioned things like rent, and taxes, and child care when they were discussing adulthood. Big meanies!

2. Nibha

December 4, 2014 at 3:18 am

So true! Exactly Adulthood held two totally different meanings, one when we were child and the one when are an adult!
    Nibha recently posted…Somethings Go Missing Forever… But A Few Things Stay!My Profile

3. Susan Shuman

December 4, 2014 at 4:03 am

Yep! Growing up is certainly not as glamorous as we anticipated. Good write!
    Susan Shuman recently posted…The StarsMy Profile

4. JK

December 4, 2014 at 6:08 am

Exactly.

I retired from adulthood and gave myself a lifetime vacation on social security. My doctors told me reduced stress from having to work was the best medicine.

5. momtheobscure

December 4, 2014 at 6:21 am

You capture it well! How little we realize it until it’s too late to turn back! But better this way then the alternative don’t you think?

6. Shannon

December 4, 2014 at 11:51 am

Boy howdy, this is incredibly relatable. Of course, had they told me then I doubt that I would have heard it.
    Shannon recently posted…What’s LeftMy Profile

7. that cynking feeling

December 4, 2014 at 12:43 pm

A coworker’s son is eager to move out of the house and be on his own. It sounds lovely at that age, right?
    that cynking feeling recently posted…I told you soMy Profile

8. theinnerzone

December 4, 2014 at 1:44 pm

With great power, comes great responsibility. Ahh, not so much power but responsibility for sure! Great write.

9. J.Gi Federizo

December 4, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Kids are mostly deluded. Then they get frustrated and say, “This is not how I imagined things would be!”
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…“THE BOX”My Profile

10. vishalbheeroo

December 8, 2014 at 12:56 am

U hit the right nail. Childhood remains the most beautiful phase in life where er experience in innocence while adulthood snatches the real us.
    vishalbheeroo recently posted…Heart is the abode of paradise and GodMy Profile