C is for Cathisophobia #atozchallenge

There was a man whose name was Ned
He stood everywhere; even on his bed
He feared if he sat
HeΒ would remain flat
So he remained forever on his two legs instead

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Cathisophobia is the fear of sitting

C

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here.***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Pinky Poinker

April 3, 2015 at 9:12 am

Is there a fear of standing? Because I think I have that. I get faint when I have to stand for too long.
    Pinky Poinker recently posted…Pinky’s Easter MessageMy Profile

April 3, 2015 at 10:20 am

Stasiphobia or Stasibasiphobia is the fear of standing Pinky. πŸ™‚

2. Corinne Rodrigues

April 3, 2015 at 10:25 am

Imagine living like that! This will make a great book for kids, Sanch. Perhaps your sis could illustrate?
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Courage – A to Z of Self LeadershipMy Profile

April 3, 2015 at 10:44 am

Ooh…now there’s an idea Corinne! πŸ˜€ I’ll keep that in mind πŸ˜‰

3. Lillian Csernica

April 3, 2015 at 11:33 am

Wow! I have a book on phobias, but I’ve never heard of this one. How fascinating!
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…B for BeastmasterMy Profile

April 3, 2015 at 11:40 am

Thanks Lillian. I used Google to find a list of phobias and there were several sites that listed them from A to Z. I guess a lot of them were quirky ones with a few genuine ones. I used the quirky ones for my limericks, of course! πŸ˜€

4. Rhonda Albom

April 3, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Another winner. Reminds me a bit of Flat Stanley.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Coffee Training is Why Auckland Cafe’s Are Great – #AtoZMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 11:42 am

Thanks Rhonda…I don’t think I’ve heard of Flat Stanley…will need to look him up!

5. Lata

April 3, 2015 at 2:25 pm

OH! Such a fear exists!! good to know.

April 4, 2015 at 11:59 am

Funny isn’t it? I had similar reactions to a lot of the phobias I came across!

6. Shantala

April 3, 2015 at 2:54 pm

The thing I love about your posts for AtoZ is that they are informative as well as entertaining – the very best combination. Rock on, Sanch. πŸ™‚
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*
    Shantala recently posted…To New Beginnings… #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

7. Nick Wilford

April 3, 2015 at 3:43 pm

That was fun! Poor old Ned, he must get tired.
    Nick Wilford recently posted…B is for BoyarMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Thanks Nick…yep, I certainly wouldn’t want Ned’s phobia. Life would be way too difficult! πŸ˜€

8. Swathi Shenoy

April 3, 2015 at 4:19 pm

I never knew there was a fear of this kind too!!! This theme is turning out rather enlightening one πŸ˜€
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…CruxMy Profile

9. Shilpa Garg

April 3, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Fear of sitting?? I am forever looking for a place to sit πŸ˜€

April 4, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I know, right? I guess he lived a long life though because apparently, sitting can kill us! πŸ˜›

10. Parul

April 3, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Oh my God! There is a fear like that too??? Wow! Learning of the day πŸ™‚
    I am loving your posts S..great ones every day!
    Parul recently posted…C for ChangeMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Thanks Parul! I know…when I came across some of the phobias, it was news to me! πŸ˜€

11. Eloquent Mind

April 3, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Oh the poor soul ! How in the world do such people sleep ? I can’t imagine not being able to sit all my life time or not being able to snuggle into my comfy bed at night.

Thanks for sharing, Sanch. πŸ™‚
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Clement Love #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I know EM…would be awful to not be able to sit!

12. Monica Deshpande

April 3, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Is there such a thing as a fear of sitting? Difficult to enjoy a good book if you’re standing up all the time. But I suppose if they have bibliophobia as well, it won’t matter. πŸ™‚

I second Corinne’s idea, Sanch.
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…C is for Cauliflower CaldineMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Hehe…yeah apparently there is Monica! Lol…that would be hard! Having both these phobias… πŸ˜€

13. Suzy

April 3, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Oh dear that would’ve been a difficult thing to do. Now me, I love to sit πŸ˜€
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – ConsortMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Haha…I agree Suzy! So hard to always keep standing!

14. Zita

April 3, 2015 at 6:21 pm

I am learning so much!! Never knew you could have a fear of sitting!
    Am loving your creativity and way with words!
    Zita recently posted…What you do when your luggage doesn’t arriveMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:09 pm

I’ve learnt heaps too through this challenge Zita…several quirky phobias out there! πŸ˜€

And thank you πŸ™‚

15. sulekha

April 3, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Awesome! Ned should see me, I am forever plonked on the bed and gaining weight like crazy πŸ™‚

April 4, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Lol…Well, I’m seated most of the time too… πŸ™‚

16. Nibha

April 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Oh God!! This is hilarious!!! How could one have it! :O
    Nibha recently posted…CagedMy Profile

17. Kaddu

April 4, 2015 at 12:38 am

How can a person have a fear of sitting? Just imagine one of us bloggers having Cathisophobia! πŸ˜›
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: C – Content #atozchallengeMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:11 pm

No idea Kaddu! If we had it, we’d be standing and typing all day long. Not sure how many blogs I’d read standing though…

18. Geets

April 4, 2015 at 2:15 am

What an amazing thought and the story..!! Loved your theme and the way it is going!
    Keep it up!

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…C-CoffinMy Profile

19. Jeanne Melanson

April 4, 2015 at 4:20 am

That’s an interesting phobia. Aren’t we as humans strange beings sometimes? Wow. Have you heard of Trypophibia? I wrote a blog post indirectly realated to it called, “Freaky Suriname Toad Birth, a Trypophobic’s Worst Nightmare” if you care to check it out.

I’m visiting you from the A-Z challenge. I’m doing it too and my theme is Animals. Have fun!
    Jeanne Melanson recently posted…C is for Cool Capybera Facts : A-Z Collection of Animals ChallengeMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:25 pm

I agree Jeanne…we are strange creatures! I hadn’t heard of Trypophobia…will check out your post.

And I love you theme πŸ™‚

20. Nisha Sanjeev

April 4, 2015 at 4:38 am

Funny… I’m smiling as I comment :))))

21. elly stornebrink

April 4, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Never heard of such a fear before: how interesting! And yet, I cannot imagine it. I moved a couple of days ago and stood a lot packing and cleaning and now unpacking…it’s hard on the legs, knees, and feet. How is this possible?! πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: C is for CourageMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Haha Elly…I have no clue! It’s a weird one all right!

22. Grace

April 7, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Haha! Clever, funny and informative! Phobia of sitting down? Who knew???
    Grace recently posted…South Coast orҀ¦BustingMy Profile

23. Patricia Lynne

May 25, 2015 at 8:30 am

Ned’s legs must be very sore! LOL

Comments are closed.