D is for Decidophobia #atozchallenge

I once knew a girl whose name was Sue
She always struggled in deciding what to do
What if she chose one
And the other was more fun?
It’d then be a decision she’d forever rue

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Decidophobia is the fear of making decisions.

D

Β ***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

49 Comments

1. Noah Dietz

April 4, 2015 at 7:55 am

Whoa now, posting a day early? Eh, doesn’t matter, this was a good one. I feel like I work with some people like this.
    Noah Dietz recently posted…A to Z Challenge: C of for CowboysMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 8:10 am

Haha…it’s already the 4th here in Australia, Noah. Thanks re the Limerick…I know some people like this too.
      Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted…D is for Decidophobia #atozchallengeMy Profile

2. Shantala

April 4, 2015 at 8:21 am

Good one, Sanch. I look forward to your posts. They make me smile πŸ™‚
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*
    Shantala recently posted…The Power of Choice #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 9:27 am

Glad I’m able to do that Shanaya! πŸ™‚

3. arpita

April 4, 2015 at 8:25 am

Indecisive, thy name is Arpita. Does that make me any less that others? totally related to this limerick.
    arpita recently posted…How Shall India Stop Cruelty to Animals – yes there is hope!My Profile

April 4, 2015 at 11:07 am

Haha…Nope, doesn’t make you any less than anyone…just that you are indecisive and it can be frustrating for others. My partner is like that and it can get on my nerves sometimes. πŸ˜›

1. arpita

April 5, 2015 at 9:21 am

πŸ™‚ I feel for your partner.
        arpita recently posted…Does being dominant make you powerful?My Profile

4. Lillian Csernica

April 4, 2015 at 10:09 am

I know people like this! I’m married to one of them. LOL
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…C for Clash of the TitansMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 11:43 am

Lol…oh Lillian! I feel your pain. My fiance is a bit like that too! πŸ˜€

5. Lata

April 4, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Maybe I do have a bit of Decidophobia.. and the limericks are too good.

April 4, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I think you and several others do Lata! Seems quite a common phobia πŸ˜‰

6. Parul

April 4, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Good one S! I think this is a fear many of us have in some form or the other. While, I make decisions quick, I do realize that some by their impact are simple to make but some are life-altering. Great pick indeed!
    Parul recently posted…D for Domestic ViolenceMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I agree Parul. I used to be a lot more fearful but now I’m ok. My partner though is so indecisive sometimes that it drives me nuts!

7. Rhonda Albom

April 4, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I used to be a bit like that. Now I am almost too quick to make decisions.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Dolphins and Whales Are Abundant in Auckland (#AtoZ)My Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I used to be like that too Rhonda…but I haven’t gone the other extreme. Yet. πŸ™‚

8. Swathi Shenoy

April 4, 2015 at 5:25 pm

It always happens with me!! Lil did I know that it is a phobia and has a name called decidophobia :O
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Double JeopardyMy Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Haha…there’s your reason Swathi. Next time someone complains you are taking too long to make a decision, tell them you have decidophobia πŸ™‚

9. Suzy

April 4, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I think a lot of us suffer from Decidophobia. Loved it.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – DelightMy Profile

10. Shalini

April 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Haha! I have this phobia at times. And then I take a good nap and things will fall in place! πŸ˜€ I always look forward to your posts, Sanch!
    Shalini recently posted…Forever alone No more- 4My Profile

April 4, 2015 at 6:40 pm

That’s a nice way to deal with it — sleep! πŸ˜€ Love it Shalini!

And thank you πŸ™‚

11. swati Bassi

April 4, 2015 at 6:57 pm

I am quick in taking decisions. But still the thought of the selecting other options keeps lingering in my mind.
    swati Bassi recently posted…Neurology – The important health aspect and concerned services in DelhiMy Profile

April 5, 2015 at 11:29 am

Sometimes I reckon it’s the Fear of Missing Out that prevents us from making decisions. At other times, it’s the fear of letting people down! πŸ™‚

12. Vishal Bheeroo

April 4, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Hi all the best for the challenge. Love the D for Decidophobia and was pleasantly surprised to read this.

13. Vinodini Iyer

April 4, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Oh, was she a fickle minded Gemini like me?! Love the sound of the word ‘Decidophobia.’
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Deal with the Big DealMy Profile

April 5, 2015 at 11:33 am

Haha…now there’s a diagnosis — being a Gemini! πŸ˜›

14. Sulekha

April 4, 2015 at 10:00 pm

I want to copy paste all your posts, they are so much fun and informative too πŸ™‚ Great theme and lovely posts.

15. Sheethal

April 4, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Then I have Decidophobia!
    Sheethal recently posted…Diksha …My Profile

April 5, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Haha…you and many others it seems! πŸ™‚

16. Lizzing Lightly

April 4, 2015 at 10:21 pm

I definitely have a touch of decidophobia too but I try to make sure that I don’t regret or rue πŸ™‚ – love the limerick, thanks
    Lizzing Lightly recently posted…Real Homemade Easter EggsMy Profile

April 5, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Looks like a lot of people have it Lizzing! πŸ˜€ Thanks for your comment πŸ™‚

17. Shilpa Garg

April 5, 2015 at 4:18 am

I liked this one a lot πŸ™‚
    And I do know somebody who has this phobia. Must tell her about it now that I know the new word for her indecisiveness πŸ˜€
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…D is for Disappointment #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

April 5, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Thanks Shilpa! Yeah I know several people with this — one of them happens to be my partner. πŸ˜›

18. Eli

April 5, 2015 at 6:03 am

hahahaa- Oh those indecisive people… Love ur poems on all those funny words:-)
    Eli recently posted…D for DancingMy Profile

19. elly stornebrink

April 5, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I think I used to suffer from this a lot as I usually wanted – still do at times – BOTH options! πŸ˜‰ I also can see both sides of a situation which sometimes is a challenge too! πŸ™‚ And BTW, I love your limericks…keep them coming! <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: D is for DancingMy Profile

April 5, 2015 at 7:19 pm

It’s the fear of missing out, isn’t it Elly? Thanks for your lovely comment πŸ™‚

20. TF Walsh

April 5, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Ahhh very cool way to define decidophobia:)
    TF Walsh recently posted…A to Z Challenge – D is for DeadMy Profile

21. Rajlakshmi

April 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I hate getting stuck in a situation like this. Sometimes the choices spoil us πŸ™‚
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…DhanurasanaMy Profile

22. Cait

April 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Hehe, I can relate to this! I definitely have decidophobia. Strangely it doesn’t usually strike when I’ve got to make a big decision (like whether or not to buy a new car) but instead at less crucial moments (like when I need to pick which Easter Egg I want)!
    Cait recently posted…Weekly Rundown: Purchasing a PandaMy Profile

23. Kaddu

April 6, 2015 at 1:02 am

πŸ˜€ I am like this too at times! πŸ˜› Hehehe!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: D – Design #atozchallengeMy Profile

24. Kaddu

April 6, 2015 at 1:04 am

πŸ˜€ I am like this too at times! πŸ˜› Hehehe! My family goes crazy! So I have an idea of how you feel! πŸ˜€
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: D – Design #atozchallengeMy Profile

25. Shailaja

April 7, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Ha ha ha, with a name like Sue what did she expect? πŸ˜€ So cute!
    Shailaja recently posted…Freedom-#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

26. G Angela

April 8, 2015 at 1:16 am

Thanks for enlightening me… I did not hear this word, I know of people who find difficult to take a decision…. I did not see it as a phobia
    G Angela recently posted…F – for Falaknuma PalaceMy Profile

27. Eloquent Mind

April 8, 2015 at 7:18 am

You know, after reading this post, I feel I sometimes have this phobia. πŸ™ When it’s too hard to actually decide something and you want to end up with both sides of the coin.

Great one !