F is for Felinophobia #atozchallenge

There was a woman who once had written
About her fear of cats, including kittens
They mewl, they wail
They only wag their tail
When you’re about to be scratched or bitten

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Felinophobia is a fear of cats. P.S. I love cats and have two of my own. I’m not afraid of them by any means! πŸ˜€Β

F

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

45 thoughts on “F is for Felinophobia #atozchallenge

1. Min@WriteoftheMiddle says:

Well that’s a new word to me – so interesting! I wrote a post once (on my previous blog) on my fear of TOADS – as a result of a horrible incident. When I searched I found that the only word to describe the phobia was the same as the one to describe a fear of frogs – Ranidaphobia. I am not afraid of frogs though. Since then – I have discovered that there IS actually a word specifically for the fear of toads and it is Bufonophobia!
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted…And so that was Easter!My Profile

2. Deborah says:

I grew up with dogs so was more of a dog person, but my brother then got cats in adulthood and I had to cat-sit them when they travelled, so have become more of a cat person. I’ve always lived in apartments though, so pets aren’t really an option.
    Deborah recently posted…Commenting on weight loss: yes or no?My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life says:

I always used to be a dog person until I got a cat of my own. Reason was because I live in a unit and couldn’t get a dog, obviously. I’m not converted and love cats probably just a little bit more than dogs — they are a little easier to manage. πŸ™‚

3. Suzy says:

I’m not too fond of cats. When I was young, my neighbour had 2 Siamese cats, one friendly and one not so friendly. I could never tell them apart and invariably chose the wrong one. I might have mild Felinophobia.

4. Nick Wilford says:

I grew up with cats, but we can’t have them because my wife is allergic. Not quite the same as fearing them, but she’s definitely a dog person, of which we have four. At least it’s good news when they wag their tails!

5. G Angela says:

I don’t like cats and I find something very mysterious about their eyes. After my sons death, suddenly out of the blue a cat started visiting my house; and i did not like, my husband was grieving for our son and got attached to it and started taking care of it.. it was there for two years and then disappeared.. somehow i am not comfortable with cats..

6. Eli says:

Oh wow, I didnt know there was a word for that – but now I do. I love cats, so not my kind of word today, but Im hooked on your -phobias… fun theme:-) And so well written:-)
    Eli recently posted…F for FlowerMy Profile