I is for Insectophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a girl named Anna-Marie
Who feared all insects — ants, roaches and bees
A fly on her nose
Sent her screaming hoarse
Leading those around her to seek therapy

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect LifeΒ

Note: Insectophobia is the fear of insects

I

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Shantala

April 10, 2015 at 4:29 am

I am pretty sure I have this one. Nicely done, Sanch. πŸ˜›
    Shantala recently posted…Keeping Hope Alive #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

2. Eli

April 10, 2015 at 7:44 am

Hahah – great one. I for sure have cockroachfobia … for sure….
    Eli recently posted…H for HelpingMy Profile

3. Vinodini Iyer

April 10, 2015 at 11:51 am

There are so many Anna-Maries around us with their classic insectophobias! Lucky me, I’m not so bad with them. Its the lizards that give me the creeps!
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Iron outMy Profile

4. Lillian Csernica

April 10, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Not fond of spiders. Even less thrilled by stinging insects.
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…H for Hawk the SlayerMy Profile

5. elly stornebrink

April 10, 2015 at 3:38 pm

haha Cute limerick Sanch! πŸ˜‰ There are some insects I do not care for, though I do not suffer from this as a whole. πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: I is for Inspiration!My Profile

6. Rhonda Albom

April 10, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Maybe she should be the one to seek therapy. Another great work and poem. Fun AtoZ theme.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Islands of the Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand – #AtoZMy Profile

7. Hemant

April 10, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I can relate to it….I’ve seen some of my friends (boys & girls both) achieving great feet’s, one of them had done all the possible adventurous tasks in the world but when it comes to cockroach…she can’t take it πŸ™‚

I too have spiderophobia πŸ˜›

8. Suzy

April 10, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Some insects are so creepy. I can empathise with Anna Marie.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – InvincibleMy Profile

9. Rajlakshmi

April 10, 2015 at 9:40 pm

hahaha ROFL πŸ˜€ thankfully I am quite immune to this phobia πŸ˜€
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – IllawaraMy Profile

10. Megan Morgan

April 10, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Do I ever have this one. If it crawls, I’m going to be running screaming from it! (Babies excluded, of course.)
    Megan Morgan recently posted…I is for InspirationMy Profile

11. Prasanna

April 10, 2015 at 11:27 pm

I don’t have fear of all insects just cockroaches. I hate them especially the flying one’s πŸ™‚

12. Swathi Shenoy

April 10, 2015 at 11:50 pm

I have more like cockroachophobia πŸ˜› A look at it and I will start screaming at the top of my voice πŸ˜›
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…It Happens For A ReasonMy Profile

13. Sue Kuentz

April 11, 2015 at 12:45 am

hahaha- watch out for those terrrrrifing insects! Love your limericks. Your poem reminded me of an urban legend called “Spiders in the hairdo.” – great tale! Sue currently posted: I is for Issun Boshi. Every Hero Has a Story

14. Shalini

April 11, 2015 at 2:39 am

Woops! πŸ™‚ I’m scared of lizards and cockroaches, I can scream so loud that your ears will bleed! Good one, Sanch!
    Shalini recently posted…Forever alone No more- IMy Profile

15. Parul

April 11, 2015 at 3:44 am

When I was growing up, I was scared of a lot of insects.. Now I am scared of another lot of insects. Their type keeps changing but the fear doesn’t go πŸ˜€
    Parul recently posted…I for I, me, myselfMy Profile

16. Debbie D.

April 11, 2015 at 3:52 am

I definitely have this! Ants, gnats and houseflies don’t bother me that much, but everything else sends me screaming out of the area! πŸ˜›

17. emilia m.

April 11, 2015 at 7:17 am

πŸ˜€ now that’s fun way of putting that πŸ˜€

18. Eloquent Mind

April 11, 2015 at 11:37 am

I do have this phobia but more particularly for cockroaches πŸ˜›
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Inspiration #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

19. SaraAllie

April 11, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Oh dear, I have this fear so bad .. It’s just not officially diagnosed πŸ˜€
    Great post!

20. Shilpa Garg

April 12, 2015 at 4:03 am

LOL πŸ˜€ Cockroaches scare me, I am ok with rest of the insects though πŸ˜€
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…J is for Jealousy #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

21. Shailaja

April 12, 2015 at 4:10 am

Such a delight to read! Although, to be fair, I may have more in common with her than those around her πŸ˜‰
    Shailaja recently posted…Joy -#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

22. Obsessivemom

April 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Ha ha ha – my son is enjoying your limericks as much as I.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Mommy warsMy Profile

23. Kaddu

April 12, 2015 at 6:31 pm

“Leading those around her to seek therapy”???
    Unbelievable!
    I am scared of flying insects, by the way. πŸ˜›
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: I – Inspiration #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

24. Monica Deshpande

April 21, 2015 at 6:11 am

I don’t mind insects as much as I loathe lizards. Is there a word for that? πŸ™‚
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…Q is for a Quick dessert: Mango FoolMy Profile