J is for Japanophobia #atozchallenge

There was a man whose name was Stan
He had a fear of things from Japan
People, accents, sushi too
A fancy bidet in the loo
Were all things he wished had a ban

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Japanophobia is the fear of Japanese people and culture

J

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Lorrie at www.shrinkrapped.com

April 11, 2015 at 6:46 am

Great theme, great limerick–and I like the more serious content too.
    Visiting from the A-Z!

Lorrie at http://www.shrinkrapped.com recently posted…I is for InheritanceMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 11, 2015 at 9:09 am

Thanks Lorrie…yeah, this one was slightly more serious than others.

2. Eloquent Mind

April 11, 2015 at 11:35 am

Really !!! Fear of a particular culture 🙁 Ooh, that’s bad. Thanks for sharing !
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Inspiration #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 12, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Yeah, I know…wasn’t aware of it either!

3. Vinodini Iyer

April 11, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Really? People actually have a fear for a country and its culture? Interesting!
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Jump inMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 12, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Yeah…I guess it would be similar to Xenophobia in a way but this is for a specific culture. Who knew, huh?

4. TF Walsh

April 11, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Phobias is a cool theme… didn’t know there was a japanophobia.
    TF Walsh recently posted…The A to Z Challenge 2015 – I is for InstinctsMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 12, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Thanks…and yeah, I didn’t know either until I was researching phobias for this challenge!

5. Morgan Katz

April 11, 2015 at 3:03 pm

It’s sad that people actually have a fear of certain cultures, but I guess it happens. Great limerick!
    Morgan Katz recently posted…I is for….My Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 12, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I know…I think it’s a fear of the unknown…

6. elly stornebrink

April 11, 2015 at 4:55 pm

An interesting phobia and one I never heard of before! <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: J is for (Jumping for) JOY!My Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 12, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Yeah, I hadn’t either until I was researching for the challenge. Go figure.

7. Eli

April 11, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Wow, Thats a new one. Have to laugh though…it seems a bit crazy to me. Learning lots of strange fobias from you…hahaha 🙂
    Eli recently posted…J for JumpsuitMy Profile

8. Suzy

April 11, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Unbelievable that there can be a phobia of all things Japanese. I am speechless. Good limerick though.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – JoiningMy Profile

9. Prasanna

April 11, 2015 at 7:45 pm

What? How could people have phobia about a country or a culture and that too about Japan. Japanese are so cute.

10. Parul

April 11, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Super interesting! This was unique. Why Japan in particular, is there one for each country?
    Parul recently posted…J for JudgeMy Profile

11. Rajlakshmi

April 11, 2015 at 11:26 pm

oh wow there’s a thing like that!! that’s funny 😛
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…And More Yoga … Janu SirsasanaMy Profile

12. Swathi Shenoy

April 12, 2015 at 2:34 am

Now this is a really strange phobia to begin with 😛
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Just ListenMy Profile

13. The Solitary Writer

April 12, 2015 at 3:16 am

You taught me a new word today but why would someone hate Japanese people and their culture!
    The Solitary Writer recently posted…Journeying through the Blogosphere – 500*My Profile

14. Shilpa Garg

April 12, 2015 at 4:02 am

Is this phobia for real? Amazing! Are there phobias for some other countries/cultures too?
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…J is for Jealousy #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

15. Shailaja

April 12, 2015 at 4:04 am

Now there’s someone you can’t send to the Far East 😉 Good one, Sanch 😀
    Shailaja recently posted…Joy -#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

16. Shashank

April 12, 2015 at 5:25 am

People do have a fear and so well written 🙂 People fear countries and cultures at times.. that said, I love Japan for reasons I don’t know! (never been there but seems like I will love it 🙂 )
    Shashank recently posted…Insecure #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

17. Petra

April 12, 2015 at 8:36 am

People have fear of all sorts of things. I love what you did here!

18. Obsessivemom

April 12, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Lol Sanch seriously? people have a phobia of Japan? Love the way you’ve written.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Mommy warsMy Profile

19. Shantala

April 12, 2015 at 2:29 pm

That is one phobia I would have never thought existed. 😛 Strange that people can fear countries and their cultures.
    Shantala recently posted…Do not Judge. The truth might surprise you. #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

20. Sulekkha

April 12, 2015 at 3:42 pm

are people scared of countries? I had no clue about this phobia, thanks for enlightening me 🙂 superb writing as usual.

21. Kaddu

April 12, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Fear of a specific culture. I can relate to it. Of late, I seem to have developed a huge fear of the Indian culture.
    Why aren’t you on the Facebook AtoZers group?
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: J – Jargon #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

22. Arpitaz Thoughts (@arpitamudit)

April 12, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Hilarious!! 😀 Is it a real word? “Japanophobia”? I can bet all Europeans have “Indophobia”. Anyways, in a bizarre incident, a NRI friend of mine, lives in DC (US), visited me here in Sweden, and to my utter surprise, she carried a roll of toilet paper!! :O
    Arpitaz Thoughts (@arpitamudit) recently posted…The Magical Hug – “Jaadu ki Jhapppi”My Profile

23. Leo

April 12, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Good Lord. That’s sad. Wonder what phobias people will think of next.

Welcome to the group Babby. Didn’t know that you were AtoZing too 🙂
    Leo recently posted…Junk?My Profile

24. Rhonda Albom

April 12, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Interesting phobia, more of a racism I fear. Great poem though.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Jumping off, Jumping on or Jumping In: Auckland #AtoZMy Profile

25. Monica Deshpande

April 13, 2015 at 6:19 am

Wow, is that really a word? I learn more every day. I must admit I’m not a fan of sushi but banning it would be a bit much. 🙂
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…J is for Jardalucha Jam (Apricot compote)My Profile

Comments are closed.