K is for Kainophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a man who feared everything new
If anything changed, he created much ado
Tried and tested worked fine
Change though, made him whine
Routine and monotony was all he could do

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Kainophobia is the fear of new things

K

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

25 Comments

1. Eli

April 13, 2015 at 8:14 am

Oh great one 🙂 But Im happy I dont suffer from that one- more likely the opposite….
    Eli recently posted…K for KarmaMy Profile

2. Vinodini Iyer

April 13, 2015 at 10:58 am

Yet another piece of learning. Never knew this phobia existed. Gosh, I’m learning so many ‘new’ things on your blog 😉
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Keep AwayMy Profile

3. obsessivemom

April 13, 2015 at 11:46 am

I know some people with that one – who fear new things. Nice Sanch.
    obsessivemom recently posted…Mommy warsMy Profile

4. Shailaja

April 13, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Sounds like he’s going to have it tough in life. I’m pretty sure I don’t have it 😉
    Shailaja recently posted…Killing- #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

5. Lata

April 13, 2015 at 2:42 pm

and I like only new things.. Good one Sanch.

6. Nisha Sanjeev

April 13, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Yet another new word I learnt today. Thanks Sanch. I love the way you explain through crisp lines.
    Nisha Sanjeev recently posted…Writer’s Ezine – Writing one word at a time…My Profile

7. Suzy

April 13, 2015 at 5:19 pm

A most boring life then – I guess he’s never heard of “a change is as good as a rest”. Nice one.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – KingshipMy Profile

8. Soumya

April 13, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Oh boy, he’s in for big surprises soon 🙂
    Soumya recently posted…J: JokerMy Profile

9. Kaddu

April 13, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Fear of change… yupp, I have it. Always had it… ever since I was a baby. Never knew the name for it though.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: K – Kaleidoscope #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

10. Nick Wilford

April 13, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I think we all know someone like that. I like new things, as long as I’m still within my comfort zone, which might be a contradiction I guess!
    Nick Wilford recently posted…K is for KludgeMy Profile

11. sulekha

April 13, 2015 at 7:23 pm

I have the opposite of it 🙂 love new things, surprises and impulsive actions 🙂

12. Scribby

April 13, 2015 at 7:59 pm

you are so good at writing 🙂 I’ve been reading you from years now and I see the difference 🙂

13. Rajlakshmi

April 13, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I just love how every day you are coming up with witty limericks 😀 one after the other 😀
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – Kangaroo ValleyMy Profile

14. Rhonda Albom

April 13, 2015 at 9:36 pm

I know people like this, not quite that bad, but really resistance to change.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…K Road All Fresco Art Festival – AmaZing Auckland #AtoZMy Profile

15. Swathi Shenoy

April 13, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I would rather be thrilled to try new things 😉 Good one sanch 🙂
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Kaleidoscope of HopesMy Profile

16. Devika Fernando

April 13, 2015 at 11:09 pm

I think I suffer of that in a tiny, more harmless form. *lol* Change can make me freak out, I prefer routine. Great poem!
    My link: http://www.devikafernando.com/blog/blogging-from-a-to-z-challenge-letter-k-knight-in-shining-armour

17. Shantala

April 14, 2015 at 2:11 am

I suffer from this with respect to food. I stick to the same ole same ole. But for everything else, I am up for the adventure. 🙂
    Shantala recently posted…A Random Act of Kindness by a Stranger #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

18. Shilpa Garg

April 14, 2015 at 2:41 am

I can relate to this!! I take some time/thinking to try out new things, especially food 😀
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…K is for Kindness #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

19. Sundari Venkatraman

April 14, 2015 at 3:21 am

Learnt a new word today, thanks to you 🙂
    You are welcome to check my A-Z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

20. Leo

April 14, 2015 at 3:42 am

I suffer from this with respect to some things. Not everything. 🙂
    Leo recently posted…Kappu – Why Unkind? {Part 1}My Profile

21. Parul

April 14, 2015 at 3:43 am

That’s a good one and many would nod on that. I like those 4 lines that you write – so well written and straight to the point! 🙂
    Parul recently posted…K for KSBKBTMy Profile

22. Eloquent Mind

April 14, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I think I suffer from this from point to point. But thankfully not in all areas of life 😛 because that would so boring to deal with.
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Kiss of Love #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

23. Zita

April 14, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Oh sounds like I could have this one!
    Zita recently posted…Why I choose to travel aloneMy Profile

24. elly stornebrink

April 14, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I can’t believe all these extreme – unusual – phobias yo are coming up with including this one! Never knew this existed: how weird and yet interesting! 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: L is for LaughterMy Profile

25. Patricia Lynne

May 25, 2015 at 8:26 am

I had a coworker like that. It was tough working with her, and when she left, we were all relieved