L is for Lachanophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a girl whose name was Therese
She couldn’t stomach corn, cucumber, carrots or peas
Beans made her fart
Pumpkins hurt her heart
While she pondered if tomatoes were fruit or veggies

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect LifeΒ

Note: Lachanophobia is the fear of vegetables

L

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

Cheers!

1. Leo

April 14, 2015 at 5:55 am

I ponder on that too, Sanch. But I think they’re veggies. πŸ™‚ Thankfully I don’t have this fear so I can eat tomatoes in peace.
    Leo recently posted…Kappu – A Life of Lessons {Part 2}My Profile

2. Vinodini Iyer

April 14, 2015 at 10:25 am

Is that really a fear or plain dislike for certain veggies? I see almost every other person with this phobia for some veggie or the other.
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Live it upMy Profile

3. Obsessivemom

April 14, 2015 at 1:30 pm

OMG there really IS a phobia for this one. The kids have it for sure!! I really am enjoying your A toZ.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Mommy warsMy Profile

4. Nisha Sanjeev

April 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm

ha ha… this is ala chicken or egg. Well, as I hav never used tomatoes in fruit salads, I would label it a veggie
    Nisha Sanjeev recently posted…Writer’s Ezine – Writing one word at a time…My Profile

5. Eloquent Mind

April 14, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Poor girl ! I wonder what she must be eating with no options of any veggies. Great writing ! πŸ™‚
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Kiss of Love #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

6. elly stornebrink

April 14, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I’m amazed there is such a fear: really?! Someone didn’t just make this up? πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: L is for LaughterMy Profile

7. Prasanna

April 14, 2015 at 4:56 pm

I’m loving your posts πŸ™‚ Now if I had Lachanophobia I’d have died of starvation because I’m a vegetarian. Wonderful how you frame the limericks around the words πŸ™‚

8. Sulekkha

April 14, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Your posts Always make me smile πŸ™‚ there are such unusual phobias in this world and you being a psychologist know a lot about them πŸ˜‰

9. Rhonda Albom

April 14, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Another fun word and great poem. However, I think beans make everyone fart. πŸ™‚
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Lookout and Enjoy these Views of AmaZing Auckland #AtoZMy Profile

10. Sundari Venkatraman

April 14, 2015 at 9:41 pm

One more new word I learned today about a phobia. Thank you πŸ™‚
    You are welcome to check my A-Z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

11. Sheethal

April 14, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Seriously? Fear of vegies?
    Sheethal recently posted…Krithika …My Profile

12. Geets

April 14, 2015 at 11:16 pm

That was fun to read..

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…L- LiberalMy Profile

13. Swathi Shenoy

April 14, 2015 at 11:53 pm

hehe πŸ˜€ Idont have this phobia but I hate betroots, especially when it is teamed with mom πŸ˜›
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Like It Happened YesterdayMy Profile

14. Shantala

April 15, 2015 at 1:43 am

Ok so this is what it is called. πŸ™‚ My 3 year old has it. πŸ˜›
    Shantala recently posted…Learning from our Kids #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

15. Kaddu

April 15, 2015 at 2:31 am

Who cares whether they’re fruits or veggies! They’re food. Pretty food. That’s all that matters!
    I feel sorry for Therese. Vegetables look so gorgeous… so many different colors and smells!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: L – Labels #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

16. Parul

April 15, 2015 at 3:13 am

Now that’s super interesting! Great word…
    Loved those verses but poor girl πŸ™
    Parul recently posted…L for LeadershipMy Profile

17. Shilpa Garg

April 15, 2015 at 4:08 am

Gosh! Her mom must be having a tough time! Liked this limerick a lot! πŸ™‚

18. Monica Deshpande

April 21, 2015 at 6:14 am

I used to know someone like that. She ate only potatoes, bread, cheese and anything that was beige or white. She had never eaten peas or carrots or anything with any colour to it. Bizarre and also a little worrying.
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…M is for Murumba (Raw Mango preserve)My Profile

Comments are closed.