M is for Mageirocophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a man too afraid to cook
What if one of the ingredients he mistook
Dinner would suck
Lunch would taste yuck
So he was always served and let off the hook

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Mageirocophobia is the fear of cooking

M

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Leo

April 15, 2015 at 5:23 am

Oh! That’d be a tragedy, Sanch, if he mistook the ingredients. But wish he at least tried.
    Leo recently posted…Kappu – A Life of Lessons {Part 2}My Profile

2. Sulekha

April 15, 2015 at 5:19 pm

In my case, my family was afraid of my bad cooking 🙂 Your posts make me smile, thanks.

3. Rhonda Albom

April 15, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I wonder if I could pull that off, a fear of cooking which resulted in my being served 🙂
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…M is for Marae, a Māori Meeting Grounds – AmaZing Auckland #AtoZMy Profile

4. Nick Wilford

April 15, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I would quite like to have this fear. But, alas, as the stay at home parent, cooking falls within my remit. I don’t do anything fancy though!
    Nick Wilford recently posted…M is for Myrmidon, and Already Home Cover RevealMy Profile

5. Rajlakshmi

April 15, 2015 at 9:43 pm

if only I could get away like that 🙂
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – MelbourneMy Profile

6. Prasanna

April 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Yes, yes I have this phobia. I fear that I might spoil the dish by over-using the ingredients so I always put less which also spoils the dish ! Sigh! I have given up on cooking.

7. Parul

April 16, 2015 at 2:47 am

Ha ha! I almost have that phobia. 🙂 🙂
    Good one S!
    Parul recently posted…M for MarriageMy Profile

8. Shilpa Garg

April 16, 2015 at 3:10 am

I am not too fond of cooking. Wish I am let off the hook too 😀
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…M is for Misunderstanding #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

9. A Joyful Chaos

April 16, 2015 at 6:52 am

So interesting learning about all these different phobias!
    A Joyful Chaos recently posted…M ~ MolassesMy Profile

10. elly stornebrink

April 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm

I don’t have a fear of cooking, though I would love to have someone cook for me! 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: M is for MusicMy Profile

11. Kaddu

April 16, 2015 at 5:28 pm

This phobia is so difficult to pronounce, I’m glad I don’t have it. I do have a fear of making tea, but, that’s about it.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: M – Monetization #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

12. Sundari Venkatraman

April 16, 2015 at 6:07 pm

awww! so many phobias. You have one for each letter. Amazing! Learned one more new word from you today thanks 🙂
    You are welcome to check my a-z posts here: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in/

13. Shantala

April 17, 2015 at 2:45 am

I used to have that one. Good one, Sanch! 🙂
    Shantala recently posted…Staying Motivated #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

14. J.Gi Federizo

April 17, 2015 at 2:56 am

Good thing myhusband doesn’t have this or we’d go hungry, he he…

15. Eloquent Mind

April 17, 2015 at 11:44 am

Ok I am slightly jealous of such people. 🙂 I need days when I get a break from cooking. Now even though my hubby is a great cook, I wish I had this phobia sometimes just to coax him to take over. 😛
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Mom #AtoZChallengeMy Profile