O is for Omphalophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a man who thought it weird
That every human had a button so absurd
It filled quickly with dirt
When pierced, it hurt
Yet he cleaned it when no purpose it served

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Omphalophobia is the fear of belly buttons

O

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

20 Comments

1. Shailaja

April 17, 2015 at 5:07 am

Ha, an ode to the belly button.Who’d have thought it? 😀
    Shailaja recently posted…Overcome- #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

2. Lillian Csernica

April 17, 2015 at 8:54 am

Now this one is something I never expected! What happens to a person who has this phobia? I’ll have to look into it. Thanks for the inspiration. I might get a short story out of this!
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…N for The NeverEnding StoryMy Profile

3. Eloquent Mind

April 17, 2015 at 11:38 am

Ha ha ! This one got me 😀 Fear of belly button, interesting !
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Mom #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

4. Swathi Shenoy

April 17, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Really? :O Such kind of fear exists too :O Dumbstruck!
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…Only Time Will TellMy Profile

5. Shilpa Garg

April 17, 2015 at 3:21 pm

OMG!! Who would fear a belly button when most would never even acknowledge its presence! 😀
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…O is for Obsessive #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

6. G Angel

April 17, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Never heard of this , felt funny that there is fear like Omphalophobia.. thanks for sharing !
    G Angel recently posted…N – For National ParkMy Profile

7. Shalini

April 17, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Oh my God! You mean, really? Great to know newer phobias! 🙂
    Shalini recently posted…Forever alone No more- OMy Profile

8. J.S.Pitts

April 17, 2015 at 4:46 pm

That was so cute! How do you overcome a fear of belly buttons? What do you fear it will do to you? Open up and swallow you from the inside?

Scribbles From Jenn – Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

9. Prasanna

April 17, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Even I didn’t know why humans had belly buttons until I read about child births 😛 But belly buttons are so sexy, no? Why be scared of them 🙂

10. Suzy

April 17, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I’m amazed that you can find a phobia for each letter of the alphabet. This has got to be the strangest phobia so far.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – OpportunityMy Profile

11. Sulekkha

April 17, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Sanch, I am thinking of inventing some phobias. Your posts have inspired me.

12. Rajlakshmi

April 17, 2015 at 10:42 pm

hahaha ROFL I can’t imagine someone fearing their own belly button 😛 Another wonderful limerick 🙂
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – Opera houseMy Profile

13. Rhonda Albom

April 17, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Why would this word even exist. While I agree they have no purpose, I have no fear.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…One Tree Hill, an Auckland Icon, but Where is the Tree? #AtoZMy Profile

14. Leo

April 18, 2015 at 2:42 am

LOL 😀 Now that was humorous! Both the limerick, and the fear!
    Leo recently posted…Kappu – Only Once {Part 5}My Profile

15. BeatabouttheBook

April 18, 2015 at 3:49 am

This one is by far the funniest of the lot. Fear of belly buttins … hilarious. Sanch I’m so glad you took this on.
    BeatabouttheBook recently posted…A is for an ApologyMy Profile

16. Parul

April 18, 2015 at 4:21 pm

OMG!! Belly buttons?? Who would have thought? 😛
    Parul recently posted…P for PatriarchyMy Profile

17. elly stornebrink

April 18, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Too amazingly funny! Who would have thought this phobia even ever existed?! 😉 Maybe people with this phobia need to put on weight so they don’t see belly buttons, well at least their own! 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: O is for … OpennessMy Profile

18. Kaddu

April 19, 2015 at 3:53 am

Eh! He was weird!
    Glad he cleaned it at least!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: O – Originality #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

19. Jemima Pett

April 19, 2015 at 11:48 pm

What a wonderful idea for a theme – and a really good way of doing it. Food for thought for next year!
    Jemima Pett recently posted…Pahoehoe, pyroclastic flow and The Shadow of the VolcanoMy Profile

20. Patricia Lynne

May 25, 2015 at 8:24 am

That would be a crappy fear to have. Everyone (or almost everyone) has bellybuttons. Not to mention your own. You’d fear yourself!