P is for Paraskavedekatriaphobia #atozchallenge

There once was a woman with a superstitious fear
She dreaded Friday the Thirteenth every year
She stayed at home
The streets she wouldn’t roam
In case bad luck cursed her with its sharp spear

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th

P

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

25 Comments

1. Shantala

April 18, 2015 at 6:50 am

I don’t have much hope of pronouncing this correctly- ever. 😛
    Shantala recently posted…A Story of an Optimist #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

2. Susan Kane

April 18, 2015 at 8:14 am

Limericks are entertaining. The ones I remember were mostly dirty.
    Susan Kane recently posted…O is for Orville RedenbacherMy Profile

3. Vinodini Iyer

April 18, 2015 at 10:42 am

Oh yeah, Friday the 13th is spooky to a lot of us!
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Pass offMy Profile

4. Obsessivemom

April 18, 2015 at 11:59 am

Now this one I can believe but Lord my God how on earth do we pronounce it?
    Obsessivemom recently posted…N is for Nature loveMy Profile

5. simple girl

April 18, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I am enjoying your this phobia series… 🙂

6. Prasanna

April 18, 2015 at 3:18 pm

I have had a bad experience once on Firday the 13th and after that I have been a little cautious. But I didn’t know there was a fear related to that 🙂

7. Leo

April 18, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I agree with Shantala. no hope of pronouncing it. But I know about this fear. I have heard of it.
    Leo recently posted…The ProphecyMy Profile

8. Romi

April 18, 2015 at 3:31 pm

I didn’t know there was a word for it.

An A to Z Participant
    Romi
    Romi recently posted…P is for PersonMy Profile

9. Sulekkha

April 18, 2015 at 3:56 pm

A tongue twister. I would have thought it would be something like Unluckyfridayphobia 😉

10. Parul

April 18, 2015 at 4:23 pm

So I will be honest! I could not even read the word aloud..Almost thought it’s Sanskrit or may be Greek 😀 How awesome!
    Parul recently posted…P for PatriarchyMy Profile

11. Rhonda Albom

April 18, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Staying home on Friday the 13th is always a good plan. 🙂
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…People Are What Make Auckland New Zealand Special – #AtoZMy Profile

12. David Macaulay

April 18, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Wow – that is a specific word. Good to stumble on your blog…
    David Macaulay recently posted…O is for OvalMy Profile

13. Alok Singhal

April 18, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Seems to be the longest word ever read in my life, is it really formally recognized?

14. Geets

April 18, 2015 at 11:07 pm

It took my three times to pronounce the word correctly.. You know how to create a small story with just a few words Sanch..

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…P- PoisonMy Profile

15. Jolie du Pre

April 18, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Excellent flash fiction, even though I can’t pronounce the title! LOL!
    Jolie du Pre recently posted…Poltergeist – Can This Paranormal Activity Be Defined?My Profile

16. Vinitha

April 19, 2015 at 1:19 am

What a difficult fear is this! Loved your little Limerick. 🙂
    Vinitha recently posted…Life Taught Lessons – P #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

17. Eli

April 19, 2015 at 2:04 am

That’s a scary fobia – not so fond of that date anyway:-)
    Eli recently posted…P for PeopleMy Profile

18. elly stornebrink

April 19, 2015 at 12:33 pm

What a LONG name for such a phobia! I think it’s more scary to pronounced that – how do you anyway?! – than Friday the 13th itself. 😉 13 is actually a spiritual number; however, if memory serves me correctly, something changed its viewpoint …think it was religion… 🙂 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: P is for … Poetry!My Profile

19. Shailaja

April 19, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I have always felt sorry for Friday the 13th. Seems like a whole lot of unnecessary pressure on that poor day 😉
    Shailaja recently posted…No more candlesMy Profile

20. Rajlakshmi

April 19, 2015 at 6:40 pm

that word is quite a mouthful 😀 I love watching horror flicks on any superstitious days.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – Port StephensMy Profile

21. Amrit Sinha

April 19, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I loved the limerick … well done 😀

22. G Angela

April 19, 2015 at 11:48 pm

OMG.. I struggled to pronounce this phobia.. never heard of this phobia, and thanks for enlightening..
    G Angela recently posted…P – For PondicherryMy Profile

23. Shilpa Garg

April 20, 2015 at 5:14 pm

I have heard of this phobia but never heard of the name and it is so difficult to pronounce! Whoever coined that!!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Q is for Quirky #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

24. Kaddu

April 22, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Yeah, quite a few people are scared of Friday the 13th. It’s good that I’m not. It would have been difficult telling someone I have this phobia when I can’t even pronounce it!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: P – Platform #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

25. Eloquent Mind

April 24, 2015 at 7:55 am

Wow ! That is one long name for a phobia. I was earlier superstitious too of the same fear but not any more…. 🙂
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Tears #AtoZChallengeMy Profile