R is for Rhytiphobia #atozchallenge

There was a young woman named Bree
Who needed her face to stay wrinkle-free
She didn’t smile or frown
Shed no tears when down
Led a lonely life thanks to her personal decree

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Rhytiphobia is the fear of getting wrinkles

R

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

18 Comments

1. Monica Deshpande

April 21, 2015 at 6:10 am

A fear of wrinkles and there’s a word for that? Maybe botox will set her free! πŸ˜‰
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…Q is for a Quick dessert: Mango FoolMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Lol…that’s probably just another extreme version of the fear πŸ™‚

2. Vinodini Iyer

April 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Sounds like the Bree from Desperate Housewives, if you’ve watched the show you’d know where I’m coming from.
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…Reach outMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I haven’t watched the show but I’m sure I can imagine the characters! πŸ˜€

3. Sulekkha

April 21, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Vinodini has nailed it and so have you πŸ™‚ lol

4. Leo

April 21, 2015 at 1:23 pm

I have never heard of such a fear. though I know people who it πŸ˜‰
    Leo recently posted…The Red RibbonsMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

April 21, 2015 at 1:54 pm

I’m sure there are many people with this fear! πŸ˜€
      Sanch, the writer recently posted…To merge or not to merge: That is the questionMy Profile

5. Nisha Sanjeev

April 21, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I recently read about a woman who hasnt smiled for the last 30-odd years ‘cos she wants to be wrinkle-free. Crazy!
    Nisha Sanjeev recently posted…Women mind Deepika’s choiceMy Profile

6. Eli

April 21, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Good one, and a fear I think sadly many botoxaddicted people suffer from…..
    Eli recently posted…R for RunMy Profile

7. Prasanna

April 21, 2015 at 4:20 pm

I know many women who have this phobia but I think it’s more important to live a life full of emotions. Cry, laugh, smile and make faces, who cares about wrinkles πŸ™‚

8. CookieCrumbsInc.

April 21, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I think I know an actual person who has this phobia :O Actually, two!

9. Parul

April 22, 2015 at 3:06 am

Oh man! A fear of wrinkes..gosh! Your list of phobias is awesome! πŸ™‚
    Parul recently posted…R for RapistMy Profile

10. Shailaja

April 22, 2015 at 4:14 am

Oh she is Bree from Desperate Housewives, for sure. Well, the Bree from the early seasons anyway πŸ™‚
    Shailaja recently posted…Reflection- #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

11. Shilpa Garg

April 22, 2015 at 4:27 am

I am sure there are many women who have this phobia! But they can surely use Botox and surgeries and spare themselves from loneliness et al! Silly people πŸ˜€
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…R is for Relief #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

12. elly stornebrink

April 22, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I can’t believe there is actually a fear based on that: wrinkles?! πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: R is for R&RMy Profile

13. Kaddu

April 22, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I like wrinkles. I keep smiling in the hopes of getting laugh lines on my face! πŸ˜›
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: R – Readers #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

14. Eloquent Mind

April 24, 2015 at 7:52 am

I read your earlier post about such a woman. What a sad life indeed. It sounds kinda funny too. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing !
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Tears #AtoZChallengeMy Profile