S is for Soteriophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a woman so very independent
She didn’t rely on others, not even for a cent
There’s no one you can trust
She’d claim with disgust
And till her last days stayed lonely and repentant

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Soteriophobia is the fear of dependence on others

S

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Shailaja

April 22, 2015 at 4:05 am

What a tragic life she must have led, to be sure 🙁
    Shailaja recently posted…Reflection- #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

2. Shilpa Garg

April 22, 2015 at 4:29 am

Aah! This would be a fairly common phobia, I guess. But it must be tough living a life like that!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…R is for Relief #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

3. Astrid

April 22, 2015 at 8:36 am

This is a tragic but slightly funny (for the non-phobic) limerick. I remember reading your theme reveal, but I forgot to bookmark your blog so I didn’t find you till now. I’m so glad I finally found you as I remembered wanting to hear about all thes eunusual phobias.
    Astrid recently posted…Relationship Development Intervention (RDI) and Floortime: Two Autism Treatments #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

4. Pooja Sharma Rao

April 22, 2015 at 12:32 pm

I like your shots at life through phobias !
    Pooja Sharma Rao recently posted…Signature (in the memory of my late father)My Profile

5. Prasanna

April 22, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Well it’s admirable of a person to want to be independent but having a phobia of it will only make people think of him/her as proud and egoist. Poor lady!

6. Sheethal

April 22, 2015 at 5:59 pm

It’s good to be independent, but not good when it leads one to permanent loneliness.
    Sheethal recently posted…Sara …My Profile

7. Rajlakshmi

April 22, 2015 at 10:59 pm

That’s a fear I think my mom had… she disliked depending on anyone. I guess I too got a part of it. But no, not as extreme as living alone 🙂

8. Mithila Menezes @Fabulus1710

April 23, 2015 at 1:01 am

Wow! Maybe I suffer from this phobia?
    No, it’s not something which can be taken lightly.. I mean, they really don’t depend on anyone?

Fellow #AtoZChallenge Blogger
    Mithila @Fabulus1710
    Mithila Menezes @Fabulus1710 recently posted…My first ever guest blog post!My Profile

9. elly stornebrink

April 23, 2015 at 10:50 am

Wow! You amaze me as I learn about these unheard of photias! Who would have known as I bet this one is well disguised as independence is a revered quality, at least in North America! 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: S is for … Singing (Your Heart Out!)My Profile

10. Kaddu

April 23, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Independence is good. Remaining lonely is not.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: S – SEO #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

11. Eloquent Mind

April 24, 2015 at 7:50 am

Fine, no issues with being independent but what about friends ? Or even close family ? Since we all depend on them at some point or the other. What a sad life ! Thanks for sharing 🙂
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Tears #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

12. Rhonda Albom

April 24, 2015 at 10:05 pm

That’s pretty sad. So lonely.

Comments are closed.