U is for Uranophobia #atozchallenge

There once lived a girl who feared going to heaven
She learnt about it at church when seven
It sounded a bore
With goodness galore
So she became cheeky since turning eleven

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Uranophobia is the fear of heaven

U

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Eloquent Mind

April 24, 2015 at 7:45 am

This was a strange one ! 🙁 How can anyone be fearful of a thing or place they haven’t seen yet ? Thanks for sharing ! 🙂
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Tears #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

2. Shantala

April 24, 2015 at 8:02 am

So this is different from fear of death, right? She is fine with death, would simply prefer hell over heaven? Interesting. 🙂
    Shantala recently posted…Our Thoughts Have Power #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

3. Lillian Csernica

April 24, 2015 at 9:19 am

This has to be the most peculiar phobia I’ve ever heard of. I’ll have to use this in a story. Excellent limerick!
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…T for Tales of an Ancient EmpireMy Profile

4. Shailaja

April 24, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Now that’s a cute one. Misplaced fear but cute 😉
    Shailaja recently posted…Unison -#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

5. John Holton

April 24, 2015 at 1:21 pm

An autobiographical poem, perhaps? 😉
    John Holton recently posted…An #AtoZChallenge Bonus: t-shirtMy Profile

6. Shilpa Garg

April 24, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Fear of heaven… that’s truly a strange fear!! Good one, today 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…U is for Unhappy #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

7. Sulekha

April 24, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Too much goodness scared her 🙂 I think a little cheekiness is good for the soul.

8. rajlakshmi

April 24, 2015 at 9:43 pm

hahaha a place of goodness with no pranks would certainly bore a young kid 🙂 witty limerick 😀
    rajlakshmi recently posted…U n I – Let’s StretchMy Profile

9. Prasanna

April 25, 2015 at 2:35 am

Now why would someone have a fear of the heaven unless he/she is in cahoots with the devil 🙂

10. Monica Deshpande

April 25, 2015 at 6:43 am

Too many fire and brimstones sermons at the church?!! Don’t blame her. 🙂
    Sanch, I hope you do turn this into a book. It’s fabulous. 🙂
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…U is for Umber (Banana fritters)My Profile

11. elly stornebrink

April 25, 2015 at 3:55 pm

That sounds like the weirdest phobia yet! I wonder if it’s actually the fear of being bored or rather, thinking one will be bored! 😉 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: U is for … Unique U!My Profile

12. Rhonda Albom

April 26, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I agree with many of the other readers, this is the oddest one yet. Little devil girl is probably out having a good time though.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…V is for Vineyard; Grape Picking at Villa Maria Winery #AtoZMy Profile

13. Parul

April 26, 2015 at 6:51 pm

That’s was a cute one..Fear of good things is hard to digest 😛
    Parul recently posted…V for Vagina MonologueMy Profile

14. Kaddu

April 28, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Huh! Never thought of it that way. Now when I think about it, I guess I agree with her. Heaven sure would be boring. “Cross your ‘t’s and dot your ‘i’s” type boring. Besides, I’m sure most of my friends are going to end up in hell anyway. So I’ll also go with cheeky.

Yours truly,
    Cheeky Chicky! 😉
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: W – Widgets #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

15. Patricia Lynne

May 25, 2015 at 8:21 am

I shouldn’t be surprise there’s a phobia of heaven. It doesn’t seem like something people would fear though.

Comments are closed.