V is for Vaccinophobia #atozchallenge

There once was a girl who feared getting a prick
The mere sight of a needle, made her very sick
The new nurse made a joke
While she gave her a poke
And distraction, it seems, was the trick

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Vaccinophobia is the fear of needles

V

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

1. Julie Vaillancourt

April 25, 2015 at 6:32 am

Love this poetic blog post! Wise words. And yes, distracting the patient in this kind of situation does help! I am speaking from experience.

2. Rachna

April 25, 2015 at 11:56 am

I was mortified once of needles. Even now I can’t look directly at them. Indeed, looking away helps me get pricked. πŸ™‚
    Rachna recently posted…How to handle tantrums of the adult kind?My Profile

3. usha menon

April 25, 2015 at 12:53 pm

A nice little story. T nurse handled the girl very effciently.

4. Nick Wilford

April 25, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I think that’s one phobia that’s very common!
    Nick Wilford recently posted…U is for Uxorious, and Once Upon a Nightmare: A CollectionMy Profile

5. Shantala

April 25, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I have this one. 100%. I have to look away while getting the shot. I prefer not to look at the needle at all. Thank god for nurses.
    Shantala recently posted…Having a Vision #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

6. Venice

April 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Oh yeah! Vaccines and needles… my old foes, may we never meet again πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ Yeah, I always let whoever’s vaccinating me know that needles and I don’t go along very well, and most of them very kindly engage me in chatter while they do their job.

Have to catch up on all your other limericks. Really nicely done Sanch – you should get them published! Cheers πŸ™‚
    Venice recently posted…G is for Girl Power (A to Z Challenge 2015)My Profile

7. Sheethal

April 25, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I have this phobia πŸ™ … I used to bring the hospital down when was a kid… and now I shut my eyes so tightly at the mere sight of needles.
    Sheethal recently posted…Veda …My Profile

8. Rajlakshmi

April 26, 2015 at 12:20 am

clever nurse! I remember as a kid I used to get injections like that πŸ˜€ enjoyed reading πŸ™‚
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Wanderlust Postcards – VictoriaMy Profile

9. Geets

April 26, 2015 at 1:59 am

Hahah.. Good one!
    That’s what nurses usually do..

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…V-VeilMy Profile

10. elly stornebrink

April 26, 2015 at 9:06 am

I would have thought this word meant fear of getting a vaccine shot! But I suppose it is the same? πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: V is for …Values!My Profile

11. Suzy

April 26, 2015 at 11:58 am

Smart nurse. I can’t think of a single person I know who likes vaccinations. πŸ™‚
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – VenerationMy Profile

12. Parul

April 26, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Loved how beautifully you penned that! Fear of pricks – well, a lot of peeps have that one πŸ™‚
    Parul recently posted…V for Vagina MonologueMy Profile

13. Rhonda Albom

April 26, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Oh my, a poem about me as a child.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Theme Park Excitement: Enjoying Rainbow’s End #AtoZMy Profile

14. Sulekha

April 26, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I am that girl, to date, my husband has to be with me when I go for a blood test or a vaccination πŸ™‚

15. Shilpa Garg

April 26, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Reminds me of my childhood too! God bless such nurses who make these scary painful experiences tolerable! πŸ™‚
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…V is for Void #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

16. Kaddu

April 28, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Hawwww! There’s a name for this one? I must show this to Dad! He thinks I’m crazy to be scared of needles and injections! Now he’ll know… I’m not the only one!

Distraction works, by the way. I hum to myself. And I tell the pathologist to make it quick. Oh and I make sure I’m not watching it!
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: V – Value #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

17. Shailaja

April 29, 2015 at 2:56 am

This sounds like my daughter! I did a post about it too ages ago πŸ˜€
    Shailaja recently posted…Variance- #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

18. Ranveer vishal

May 3, 2015 at 9:36 pm

That’s incredible writing. Well done and congrats for completing the challenge:)

19. Patricia Lynne

May 25, 2015 at 8:20 am

Needles always freak me out, and I used to have to distract myself. Having blood work done regularly has lessened the fear and I’ve learned it doesn’t really hurt that bad.

Comments are closed.