X is for Xenophobia #atozchallenge

There once lived a man with a fear of other races
He hated people of different colours and faces
‘They’re not like me
Great, they’ll never be’
But his ignorance cost him jobs at many places

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Xenophobia is the fear of foreigners or the fear of strangers. We also use it as a term for racism.

X

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

11 Comments

1. Vinodini Iyer

April 28, 2015 at 11:58 am

I know quite a few people like him who judge people basis their race and color. I think they should get a life. Really.
    Vinodini Iyer recently posted…X-ed outMy Profile

2. Prasanna

April 28, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Racists and xenophobia can be found around the world. Sad but true!

3. Soumya

April 28, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Oh I know a lot of people who suffer from this. In India alone 😛
    Soumya recently posted…W: WorkMy Profile

4. Sulekkha

April 28, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Xenophobia is the favourite topic of the day, we need to talk about it and create awareness about the irrational fear. Lovely post once again.

5. Suzy

April 28, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Yep I can imagine his attitude would’ve cost him many jobs. Another enjoyable one.
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the air – eXitMy Profile

6. Shailaja

April 29, 2015 at 2:55 am

I should certainly hope so! Weirdo!
    Shailaja recently posted…X marks the spot -#AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

7. Parul

April 29, 2015 at 3:05 am

Great post there. Though I just read the same word on Shilpa’s blog, the narration sets you both apart.
    Parul recently posted…X for XcuseMy Profile

8. elly stornebrink

April 29, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I imagine Hitler and white supremacists like the Klu Klux Klan fit this bill!
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: X is for … Xpress!My Profile

9. Kaddu

April 30, 2015 at 6:55 pm

I definitely don’t have this phobia! I’m just too interested in learning about new things.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: X – X-Factor #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

10. Monica Deshpande

May 7, 2015 at 6:39 am

Hmm..they walk among us with blinkers on. I feel sorry for them and how much they miss out on.
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…X is for XacutiMy Profile

11. Goodbye 2015 - Living my Imperfect Life

December 28, 2015 at 9:38 am

[…] I signed up to the A to Z Challenge in April and enjoyed myself with limericks on phobias.  I found out about phobias like Zeusophobia to Gamophobia to more serious ones like Xenophobia. […]