Y is for Ymophobia #atozchallenge

There was a man who thought he was always right
Any views opposing, would meet their plight
If you said he was wrong
He’d come at you strong
And he’d fight to be right with all his might

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Ymophobia is the fear of contrariety or contrary opposition

Y

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

12 Comments

1. Lillian Csernica

April 29, 2015 at 7:11 am

Aha! So there is a name for my husband’s condition. (A name I can say in public, anyway. LOL)
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…The Warrior and the SorceressMy Profile

2. Shantala

April 29, 2015 at 10:16 am

Oh I know so many people with this phobia. πŸ˜‰ Seems to be pretty common. πŸ˜›
    Shantala recently posted…Identifying our X-Factor #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

3. Vinitha

April 29, 2015 at 11:57 am

That’s an irritating phobia. Im not sure if this can be called a phobia! I can treat this phobia with a slap on the face. Loved the Limerick, Sanch.
    Vinitha recently posted…Life Taught Lessons – X #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

4. Nisha Sanjeev

April 29, 2015 at 2:18 pm

many around us have this phobia! :))
    Nisha Sanjeev recently posted…Women mind Deepika’s choiceMy Profile

5. Rajlakshmi

April 29, 2015 at 7:59 pm

I stay clear of those people. I am not very good at handling people who come on strong. Wonderful poem yet again. And one more to go πŸ™‚
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Rongali Bihu Xondiya, SydneyMy Profile

6. Sundari Venkatraman

April 29, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Nice! One more new word learnt πŸ™‚ nice verse
    My A-Z posts: http://sundarivenkatraman.blogspot.in

7. Sulekkha

April 29, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I know a few who suffer from this condition. Must be tiring talking to them.

8. elly stornebrink

April 30, 2015 at 2:34 am

OMG! I swear I know someone with this condition! I wonder if he suffers from this: he IS a big bully because of his need to be right, always…no kidding! πŸ˜‰ <3 (And I'm amazed this fear even exists!)
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: Y is for … Yes! Yearning for Yourself!My Profile

9. Monica Deshpande

April 30, 2015 at 7:26 am

Seriously? There’s a word for that too? As Elly says, I thought such people are just called bullies. πŸ™‚
    Another word added to my vocabulary today.
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…Y is for Yam (suran) pattiesMy Profile

10. Kaddu

April 30, 2015 at 6:51 pm

You know Sanch, at times I want to do this just to annoy certain people.
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: Y – You #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

11. J.Gi Federizo

May 15, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Hmnn…I never knew this. Will certainly be good to use in fiction πŸ™‚
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…MAYA [CHAPTER 3: REUNIONS, Scene 6] #atozchallengeMy Profile