The World we live in

theworldwelivein

Each day I wake up
To another terrifying news
Bombs have blown
People are dead
Experts now share their views

Some days it’s in Europe
On others, the Middle East
Guns in America
Genocide in Africa
It’s horrifying to say the least

Asia isn’t spared
With terror knocking at its door
Mobs in South America
Riots around the world
Too many dead to keep score

My heart feels empty
My soul can’t take much more
Kindness and compassion
Love and tolerance
These get lost in the furore

Is this the world we live in
Where we get scared to connect?
Doubt and mistrust
Hatred and revenge
Cause humanity to be wrecked

(c) Sanch V @ Sanch Writes (15 July 2016)

Written for Day 6 of Write Tribe Festival of Words Challenge

1. Sunaina Bhatia

July 15, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Something is wrong, terribly wrong with the world today….Just read the news about France…..
    Sunaina Bhatia recently posted…The Pain of Sweet Memories……My Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

July 15, 2016 at 2:46 pm

I know, I’m so tired of waking up to dreadful news each day and so much hate in the world

2. Hasan Noor

July 15, 2016 at 3:17 pm

We really need “Avengers” can anyone call them, do anyone have number of anyone of them? !!!! 🙂

3. Subha Rajagopal

July 15, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Looks like people have got really wrong ideas that killing innocent people will give them power.What a cruel mind.And this is happening across the world.And it is becoming an everyday event too.We can only despair of where the world is heading to.
    Subha Rajagopal recently posted…Broken ToysMy Profile

4. Dee

July 15, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Yep… off late it is so distressing and disturbing to hear the news. One after the other and another. Just today it’s France. Tomorrow where? Sad state of affairs. Hope it subsides…

5. Suzy

July 15, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Don’t know what’s happening to the human race. We are so hell bent on destroying ourselves. The world is in such disarray. Sad and depressing.
    Suzy recently posted…Remembering #Songs – Born FreeMy Profile

6. Parul Thakur

July 16, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I literally woke up the Nice attack. I was asleep when VT woke me up to tell me what had happened. It was so sad, then those images with the morning tea.
    Everyday, we are waking up to something terrible and I don’t know when this will end. I feel so scared for all of us.
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Look up and see beyondMy Profile

7. Peter Nena

July 26, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Hi. How are you? Thank you for registering to participate in the Cherished Blogfest 2016. I look forward to reading your post.

Comments are closed.