55 Fiction: Blind Faith

tablets-1001224_1280

‘Don’t worry,’ they’d said. ‘What you don’t know won’t hurt you.’

She’d trusted them and allowed them to pack her bags.

She sits now in the Bali airport cell, flanked by two guards and bags of methamphetamine worth over a million dollars.

‘I’m seventeen,’ she says. ‘I don’t know anything. My parents packed my bags.’

(c) Sanch V @ Sanch Writes (2 August 2016)

This has been written for Day 2 of the BarAThon Challenge at Blog-a-rhythm

barathon

1. Lata Sunil

August 2, 2016 at 3:06 pm

That must be so scary for the young girl. Hope the parents did not have anything to do with it.

2. upasna

August 2, 2016 at 6:19 pm

OMG, its scary Sanch. How would she be feeling? Was she really innocent or just trying to hide the truth?
    Nice take on the prompt but does the story has an end? Just curious.
    upasna recently posted…Ma, even I was the Victim #FictionMy Profile

3. Beat About the Book

August 2, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Was it the parents who did it thinking she would’t be caught? How terrible that is!
    Beat About the Book recently posted…Quirky writing habits of famous authorsMy Profile

4. Anshul Taran

August 2, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Oops.. few lines, big story, great emotions.
    Anshul Taran recently posted…What you Don’t Know about Doctor’s..My Profile

5. Sid

August 2, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Sigh! The way things end up, huh!
    Wonder if her parents really did something…nice one, Sanch.
    Sid recently posted…” Nila “My Profile

6. Shilpa Gupte

August 2, 2016 at 9:28 pm

That is so horrible! Whom do we trust in, if not our parents?

7. Roshan Radhakrishnan

August 2, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Sadly this is probably a true story too. There have been plenty of instances where people were unaware of the stuff in their own luggage.
    The parental factor just adds the final twist of the knife.
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…You never know where your journey in life will take you…My Profile

8. Sunaina Bhatia

August 2, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Broken trust, ignorance, blind faith – short and powerful tale
    Sunaina Bhatia recently posted…Begin with a Clean SlateMy Profile

9. Saumy Nagayach

August 3, 2016 at 1:12 am

Such a wonderful story …short and crisp.. message, beautifully delivered! 🙂

10. Inderpreet Uppal

August 3, 2016 at 4:40 am

Gosh!! What a sad thing to do!! Mean as well. Poor girl.
    Inderpreet Uppal recently posted…What you don’t know #BarAThon Challenge @blogarhythm1My Profile

11. Aditi Kaushiva

August 3, 2016 at 6:16 am

Oh no! That was quite unfortunate.

Quite an impact in just a few words. Loved it!
    Aditi Kaushiva recently posted…Feeling UnsureMy Profile

12. Rajlakshmi

August 3, 2016 at 11:33 am

That’s terrible… she will never trust anyone again. Well written

13. Shantala

August 3, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I want to believe the parents were innocent, but I don’t really believe that.
    Shantala recently posted…July Wrap Up – Books and #HarryPotter fever!My Profile

14. Anamika Agnihotri

August 3, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Who could think it could be the parents? Well written, Sanch, as always. Few words but a lot of sense.
    Anamika Agnihotri recently posted…Move your body, yeah! #BarAThon Day 3My Profile

15. Eloquent Mind

August 3, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Oh my ! That’s so scary! I feel worried for her. How can her own parents do that to her ? 🙁

16. Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710

August 3, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Damn. Blind trust in someone can be scary!
    Or maybe the parents themselves didn’t know what they were signing up for?
    This story has a lot of impact, Sanch. Keep them coming!
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…What you don’t know | Day 2 #BarAThonMy Profile

Comments are closed.