Gratitude

10 things that made me happy {Week 25}

It’s the last week of 2016 and I for one, am glad we’re almost done. As if the year wasn’t bad enough already, we had to say goodbye yesterday to Mr Imperfect’s dog, Oscar. He was with the family for 16 years and will be sorely missed. Needless to say, Mr Imperfect is heartbroken and not coping too well. Consequently, it’s going to be a quiet NYE as we celebrate Oscar’s life. I’m still going to do my best to focus on some of the things that made me happy the week of 24th December to 30th December:

Having Christmas lunch with Mr Imperfect’s mum and stepdad on Christmas eve

Spending time with Oscar on what would turn out to be his last Christmas

Exercising every single day since Christmas day

Spending Christmas morning at the beach

Getting a couple of books, Harry Potter Scrabble and the Nemo DVDs for Christmas from Mr Imperfect

Watching the cats enjoy the backyard

Catching up with old colleagues for a lovely lunch

Panning my reading challenges for 2017

Indulging in Sleepless in Seattle on Wednesday night

Planning and hoping for a balanced and settled 2017

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Lindsey, Charlotte and Krysten for 10 things that made me happy***

8 Comments

Linda
    December 31, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Oh, that is sad news about Oscar. I’m very sorry. He looks like a beautiful soul. x

Linda
    December 31, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Parul Thakur
    January 2, 2017 at 12:53 am

Sorry to hear about Oscar. I am sure it must have been quiet. The last week of 2016 was not good this side. VT had to fly to his parents and we were both worried for his dad’s health. By God’s grace, he is better now the anxiety made me nervous. Being alone on NYE wasn’t good but I am glad his dad is recovering.
    I am hoping for a better first week of 2017.
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Andaman adventures – some facts and a glimpseMy Profile

Parul Thakur
    January 2, 2017 at 12:53 am

I am hoping for a better first week of 2017.

Lindsay
    January 3, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Ugh I’m so sorry for your loss of Oscar. I can only imagine how you all are feeling his loss. 🙁 my deepest condolences. We lost a few clients over the holidays, one due to cancer and one older standard poodle that was just old. It is certainly sad…. big hugs girlfriend. xo

Lindsay
    January 3, 2017 at 11:30 pm

J.Gi Federizo
    January 9, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Sorry to hear about Oscar…Meanwhile, nice gifts from your lovey, especially the HP scrabble!

(BTW, just letting you know I linked to your blog in my December recap, hope it’s okay…)

J.Gi Federizo