A to Z Challenge 2017 Theme Reveal

It’s that time of the year when we start to plan, prep and post our A to Z topics with the month of April in our sights. I have participated in the A to Z challenge twice before – 2014 and 2015 – via my personal blog. This year, I almost didn’t participate but then, some weeks ago, had some inspiration and decided to take the plunge. It’s a hectic month usually but I do know I enjoy finding and connecting with new bloggers.

My theme for this year’s challenge is reasonably simple. Given that this is a writing blog, it has to do with writing of course. What you have to look forward to on Sanch Writes this year is:

A to Z of Poetry

I’m going to dabble in different styles of poetry such as odes, sonnets or ballads to more quirky brevettes, acrostics and shape poetry. I must thank the website Shadow Poetry for having a comprehensive list of the different forms of poetry that might make it easier for me to get those creative brains working.

I’m not going to lie. While the theme is simple, the task itself is not. For someone who is so used to an a/b/c/b form of writing poetry, these other forms are going to be a challenge. But I’m not one to shirk away from that. So far, I’ve only written five poems. Just another 21 more to go! I do need to have them written and scheduled beforehand because not only am I busy at work {crazy busy being an acting team-leader!}, I also go away for a week at the end of April on a hike!

Are you participating in the A to Z Challenge this year?

What’s your theme?

Do share!

1. Shalini

March 20, 2017 at 5:57 am

I miss reading beautiful poems. I am looking forward to reading yours, Sanch and that’s a fantastic theme. Here’s to an amazing April πŸ™‚
    Shalini recently posted…Sawasdee ThailandMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

March 20, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Thanks…I fear I may have made it too hard for myself!

2. Sheethalsusan

March 20, 2017 at 6:28 am

All the Best Sanch. Looking forward to read some Beautiful poems all through the month.

3. Vinay Leo R.

March 20, 2017 at 6:40 am

Looking forward to reading some beautiful poetry, Babby. πŸ™‚ All the best for an Amazing April. πŸ˜€
    Vinay Leo R. recently posted…This April… the magic returns…My Profile

4. Esha

March 20, 2017 at 7:14 am

This sounds very exciting to me, Sanch. I love poetry so will be looking forward to your posts through April. All the best. πŸ™‚

1. Sanch, the writer

March 20, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Thanks Esha! I must admit, I’m a bit nervous at how hard I’ve made it for myself!

5. Arlee Bird

March 20, 2017 at 9:23 am

When inspiration strikes, go for it! Glad you’ll be participating in April A to Z once again. Good theme idea.

I wish you all the best in April. It will be several hours before my reveal post goes up, but I hope you’ll visit when it does. Or drop by now to vote on my Battle of the Bands post. It’s actually also my teaser for my Theme Reveal.

Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

6. Roshan Radhakrishnan

March 20, 2017 at 11:49 am

I don’t envy you! I’m really poor at poems so lot of respect for people who are actually good at it. All the best πŸ™‚
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…My 2017 #AtoZChallenge Theme: Real Life HeroesMy Profile

7. Mayuri Nidigallu

March 20, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Hope to revive my rusty poetry writing skills with your posts. All the best for April, Sanch!

8. SHALINI BAISIWALA

March 20, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Poetry is almost always for the soul and by the soul. Looking forward to your fantastic theme Sanchie – its quite novel!
    All the best for the challenge!
    shalzmojo
    SHALINI BAISIWALA recently posted…[ Theme Reveal ] Peregrination Chronicles | #atozchallenge 2017 |My Profile

9. Parul Thakur

March 20, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I am looking forward to read your posts. This is going to be very interesting. You know I had almost dropped the idea and then yesterday – I decided to go ahead. So this is going to be exciting and hard this side too πŸ™‚ Good luck to us.

P.S. I have just 26 posts remaining πŸ˜‰
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Let’s spill the beans #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

10. Suzy

March 20, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Love love love poems so will look forward to yours. All the best.
    Suzy recently posted…Theme Reveal #AtoZReveal #atozchallengeMy Profile

11. Ishieta@Isheeria's

March 20, 2017 at 5:40 pm

aahhh…poetry!!! Poems warm the cockles of the heart! Looking forward to your posts. See you 1st April πŸ™‚

12. Ruchi Verma

March 20, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Following u now !!! would b fun to be connected πŸ™‚

13. Simon Falk

March 20, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Good luck, Sanch. I can’t commit to it. But am looking forward to your contributions πŸ™‚
    Simon Falk recently posted…On a St. Patrick’s DayMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

March 20, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Thanks Simon! The accountability scares me but also keeps me going!

14. Leanne

March 20, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Sanch I’m so pleased you’re doing the A to Z! I plan to have mine all scheduled a few weeks ahead to try to keep the pressure off. I’m about half way there – still a lot more to go. It’s a big undertaking isn’t it? Looking forward to you poems πŸ™‚
    Leanne | http://www.crestingthehill.com.au

15. Vinodini

March 20, 2017 at 7:50 pm

I’m glad you’re participating, Sanch. Your theme sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading those poems.

16. Geets

March 20, 2017 at 8:36 pm

I remember you writing the limericks I think in the A to Z and believe me, they were brilliant. You write really good poems, for sure!

Waiting to read more!

Cheers

1. Sanch, the writer

March 20, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Haha…yep…that was in 2015 and very enjoyable! I fear though this might be harder because I’ve got to figure out different rhyme schemes and syllables

17. Harini

March 20, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Poetry is one genre of literature that I am not well versed with. So, your A to Z challenge will be educational to me. I am waiting for few good poetry recommendations from you.

18. Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710

March 20, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Poetry! This is the first blog I’m seeing with a poetry based theme! It’s super awesome, and I like the idea of doing different types of poetry. Even YeahWrite has some awesome tips for different types of poetry, don’t forget to check that out!

All the best, Sanch! Will surely check this blog daily in April ❀

19. dew cool

March 21, 2017 at 2:13 am

Profound theme.
    Excited and get to learn and discover a lot about it during this period. Thanks for sharing & best wishes for A to Z challenge 2017 Get Fit and Healthy with 26 Healthy living days

20. Modern Gypsy

March 21, 2017 at 3:32 am

Wow, the task certainly isn’t simple! All the best to you lovely! I’ll be sure to pop by in April.

21. Reema D'souza

March 21, 2017 at 4:06 am

I wanna read all of those poems. I love your theme because I simply love poetry. Even I’d dabbled in different types of poetry for a blogging challenge. But that was a 15 days challenge. Looking forward to read your poems. All the best πŸ™‚
    Reema D’souza recently posted…#AtoZChallenge : Theme RevealMy Profile

22. Debbie D.

March 21, 2017 at 4:08 am

This sounds like a challenging theme! I’m looking forward to reading all the different types of poems you’ll write, Sanch. Happy A to Z-ing!
    Debbie D. recently posted…THE GREAT THEME REVEAL OF 2017! #AtoZCHALLENGE #AtoZREVEALMy Profile

23. valj2750

March 21, 2017 at 5:47 am

A poem a day is a daunting task. Last year I wrote a Six Sentence Story a day and it got intense sometimes but the daily writing habit was reinforced. My Virtual Vineyard

24. Alana

March 21, 2017 at 9:31 am

Great respect, Sanch. You have picked a hard one. The hard challenges are the best. Good luck!

25. Deepa

March 21, 2017 at 4:26 pm

That’s a nice theme. Poetry is my favourite. This is my first time for this challenge. Let’s see how it goes. All the best πŸ™‚
    Deepa recently posted…#AtoZChallenge Theme reveal- #ParentingMy Profile

26. Tina Basu

March 21, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Sanch this is a wonderful theme, have not read good poetry in along time. Looking forward.
    Tina Basu recently posted…A to Z Challenge 2017 Theme Reveal – All About LifeMy Profile

27. Shilpa Gupte

March 21, 2017 at 9:25 pm

OMG! A to Z of poetry! Wow! I am impressed, Sanch!
    Frankly, I find it tough to follow poetry….it’s really not my cup of tea, or coffee! And, when I see someone using it as a theme for a month long writing challenge, well, I am at a loss for words and filled with awe!
    Wish you the best, my dear! Will certainly visit you next month! Cheers!

28. Rajlakshmi

March 21, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Oh brilliant… I am so looking forward to read your poems and the forms you choose. I did the same theme two years back πŸ˜€ all the best
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…5 things I did last WeekMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

March 21, 2017 at 10:29 pm

I really should’ve given you credit on the post as I was tossing up between poetry and fiction and remembered you doing something similar. You did an awesome job then I remember

29. Sreesha

March 22, 2017 at 12:53 am

I love poetry, though I don’t always “get” it (ironic, given I write some myself). Different forms of it is certainly interesting. So far, I have only tried free verse, and four-line verses (I’m guessing the name for that form is a/b/c/b as you mentioned?)
    Sreesha recently posted…Theme Reveal! #AtoZChallenge – 2017My Profile

30. Roma Gupta Sinha

March 22, 2017 at 2:14 am

Dear Sanch, loved your theme and would really love to apprise myself with nitty-gritties of Poetry πŸ™‚
    Truly Yours Roma

31. shubhangi srikanth

March 22, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I do dabble in a bit of poetry and I confess that I really do not know everything there is to know…so I’m going to quite enjoy it here this season!

32. Natasha

March 22, 2017 at 10:03 pm

I love poetry. For years I wrote poetry in various forms. It’s only in the last couple of years that I switched to writing prose. Yes, switched, so poor poetry took a kind of back seat. I guess I’ll live my love for poetry vicariously through your AtoZ posts. Good luck!

natashamusing

33. Shailaja

March 23, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Absolutely in love with your theme! As a die-hard poetry reader/writer, I will love this. Good thing I didn’t read anyone else’s theme before writing mine πŸ™‚
    Shailaja recently posted…Theme Reveal for the #AtoZChallenge 2017: The Moving QuillMy Profile

34. Chandni

March 24, 2017 at 4:20 am

That’s a really challenging theme you’ve taken up and this is exactly what I love about this challenge when people don’t shy from pushing boundaries.

It’s my first time here and I would look forward to drop by and catch some of your poetic adventures..
    I love to write about representation of women and in April I am doing a series on Iconic women characters from recent times [ in Indian movies ]..

Happy Blogging!
    Chandni recently posted…Women In Movies #AtoZChallenge #ThemeRevealMy Profile

1. Sanch, the writer

March 24, 2017 at 5:23 am

Thanks Chandni, part of me is kicking myself for taking up this theme but time will tell.

35. A little rhyme - Sanch Writes

March 25, 2017 at 12:01 pm

[…] in case you missed it, I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge in April and my theme is the A to Z of Poetry. Do join m on this […]

36. John Holton

March 25, 2017 at 12:33 pm

I’ve been reading your other blog for a while, I think you did thevUltimate Blog Challenge the year I did. Didn’t know you had this blog, too. I’m happy you’ll be doing A to Z, and look forward to your poetry. Great to have you along!

37. Swathi Shenoy

March 28, 2017 at 5:46 pm

That is interesting but does require courage to take up this challenge. All the best Sanch. Looking forward to reading your poems πŸ™‚

38. Soumya

March 29, 2017 at 12:01 am

WOW! I miss writing and reading some good poetry. Yours will be awesome I know, so I’ll be back everyday next month.
    Soumya recently posted…A to Z Challenge 2017: Theme Reveal #atozchallengeMy Profile

39. Capricorn reflections #FridayReflections - Living my Imperfect Life

March 31, 2017 at 12:02 am

[…] you want to follow my journey in that challenge, please follow my writing blog as I delve into the A to Z of Poetry for the […]

40. L. Moon

April 4, 2017 at 6:32 am

I have decided that poetry is nice for the A to Z challenge for many reasons.
    Enjoy the challenge!