Flourish Inside Out The Month That Was

February 2017: Full of love

February seemed like such a long month even though it was just 28 days. Or was that just me? My focus in February as part of Flourish Inside Out was love. Compared to January, I must confess I fell off the wagon a bit on this front. While I took pictures, I wasn’t really loveable to myself or to some others around me.

In February, I juggled work and tried to find balance which I struggled with. The pluses in February included starting the 12WBT challenge and going reasonably well over the three weeks. This week is mini-milestone week and I’ll update my results on Monday. I’ve definitely fallen in love with exercise all over again and have been consistent with it. Sure, the early mornings can be a struggle after late nights but it’s worth it.

I also went down to Kiama in February for a wedding. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever been to and I feel like I need a whole post dedicated to it. I enjoyed penning a letter to Hermione Granger via this space and also contemplated on death and dying. I reflected on getting out of my comfort zone and how it’s important to scare yourself sometimes to do that. It’s how we grow.

Apart from that, February has seen me endure some personal struggles I haven’t spoken about here, some uplifting moments at the beach, and some beautiful moments reading and writing. Come next week, I’m going to be acting up at work as team leader while my team leader is away on leave for 2 months. Management is definitely not something I aim for but it will be a nice challenge. March is also the month of AWE for Flourish Inside Out. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on awe.

In the mean time, if you’ve written a post reflecting on the month that was February in any way, do link up below.

12 Comments

Linda (Circle of Daydreams)
    March 1, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I like your sentiment of ‘scaring yourself sometimes.’ Sometimes curling up and hiding seems like a better idea! The Flourish Inside Out themes sound lovely. The idea of AWE is a wonderful one. I hope March is full of lovely Autumn days (Autumn is my favourite month of the year). x

Linda (Circle of Daydreams)
    March 1, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Gratitude List - February 2017 - happiness and food
    March 1, 2017 at 10:20 pm

[…] Linking to Vidya’s Gratitude Circle for February 2017 and with Sanch for the Month that was..  […]

Gratitude List - February 2017 - happiness and food
    March 1, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Parul Thakur
    March 1, 2017 at 10:23 pm

How cool that you have found a rhythm with workouts. I am having a hard time and I am able to step out thrice a week. I am not linking the inactivity and I need to get better at managing my time. Looking forward to see what AWE brings 🙂 Have a lovely March! Hugs.
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Gratitude List – February 2017My Profile

Parul Thakur
    March 1, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Parul Thakur recently posted…Gratitude List – February 2017My Profile

Beat About the Book
    March 2, 2017 at 1:58 am

I realise I lurk here more than I comment :-). I enjoyed your posts on Hermione as well as on death and dying. I love how you evaluate your progress – so fairly and without making excuses. Looking forward to your post for March.
    Beat About the Book recently posted…Of Men and Women #Teaser Tuesday 5My Profile

Beat About the Book
    March 2, 2017 at 1:58 am

Shilpa
    March 2, 2017 at 7:30 am

Its nice to read gratitude posts . I like the way you write all the little things which happen in your life in such a beautiful way .

Shilpa
    March 2, 2017 at 7:30 am

Lata sunil
    March 2, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Sometimes our plans do not translate into actions. But that’s life. I am following your 12wbt and feeling inspired to try. But how to go about It?

Lata sunil