The Accident #FiveSentenceFiction

She watched as police swarmed the accident scene. She made her way, unseen, towards the mangled car in the middle. Her gaze followed the carnage of broken glass and pools of blood and wandered to the person the paramedics seemed to be desperately trying to revive. It was the face of her husband; the man she’d woken up to every morning for nine years.

She slinked away, surprised that her wish to escape had finally come true.

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (19 March 2017)

Written for Five Sentence Fiction hosted by Vinitha

8 Comments

1. Cathy Graham

March 19, 2017 at 12:19 am

Great little story, Sanch! I enjoyed it and that last line was a real emotional zinger. Good work!

You’ve reminded me I should also do a Five Sentence Fiction for Vinitha’s prompt. I’ve gotten so caught up in a photo a day challenge that seems to be all I think about lately.

1. Sanch, the writer

March 19, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Thanks Cathy…I do enjoy flash fiction and Vinitha’s prompts are a good way to get back into it 🙂

2. Vinitha

March 19, 2017 at 1:28 am

Didn’t expect that ending, Sanch. The mysterious ways Universe conspire to grant our wish! Good one, Sanch.
    Thank you for joining in. 🙂
    Vinitha recently posted…Wish #FiveSentenceFiction 9My Profile

3. Shailaja

March 19, 2017 at 5:29 am

Ouch! Well, I guess he had that coming then. SO thrilled to see fiction again. I can’t wait to read more, Sanch. Have missed reading it on your blog 🙂
    Shailaja recently posted…What I truly miss about BloggingMy Profile

4. Suzy

March 19, 2017 at 9:54 pm

That was an unexpected little twist. Lots said in a few words.
    Suzy recently posted…Love Conquers All #FridayReflections #BARWoWeMy Profile

5. Rajlakshmi

March 20, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Good for her, too bad for the husband. Loved the way you described the accident scene.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…5 things I did last WeekMy Profile