Healthy Living

Week 5 of #12WBT February 2017

After the high of Week 4, somehow, week 5 was not as exhilarating. I found it a struggle to wake up most mornings but I still got myself to the gym. It resulted in a workout of 45-55 minutes rather than a whole hour. Additionally, I was battling hormonal issues, personal problems, sinus headaches and being the acting team leader at work. So I guess given all that, the fact that I still exercised for 5 days is a win.

I thoroughly enjoyed my meals for Week 5. My lunches included Zucchini cakes with yogurt raita and Shredded slaw and black bean wrap. My dinners were Seared Salmon and Vegetables {so yummy!!!}, Pumpkin, almond and spinach pasta and Chicken enchiladas. I’m definitely going to be making most of those again! I must confess, thanks to some of the stress this week, I did cave and have chocolate twice and a cookie once all towards the end of the working week.

In terms of my weigh-in Wednesday, I only lost 300 grams from last week but I was okay with it. I fear though, this week won’t see as much of a change due to the poor eating by the end of the week. But, today is Monday. A new week. A new start. And back on the wagon I get.

I’m hoping I can get enough rest, not have any more headaches and work out for the whole hour. And of course, hopefully, I can stick to my meal plans this week and snack on the carrots and hummus I have at work or the nuts I’ve bought instead of saying ‘yes’ when someone offers chocolate.

That’s my healthy highlights for Week 5. On to Week 6 now — the halfway mark!

How’s your week been?

Do share!

***Linking with Denyse for Life this Week and Alicia for Open Slather***

10 Comments

Denyse
    March 13, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Oh I hate that kind of week..hope this one is a bit better. I think a small piece of dark chocolate can be soothing and also help you feel less deprived. That’s all. Just an idea!! I know that whenever I restricted eating very much it impacted with my emotional health. But that’s me. Thanks for linking up #lifethisweek 11/52 Next week: Autumn
    Denyse recently posted…My Favourite Colour. #LifeThisWeek 11/52. 2017.41.My Profile

Denyse
    March 13, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Parul
    March 14, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I love your focus and getting the food and exercise part right. Do share some recipes of the food you eat. I need to start doing something for my food. On workouts, you inspire me Sanch! Keep rocking!
    Parul recently posted…Are you discovering yourself?My Profile

Parul
    March 14, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Parul recently posted…Are you discovering yourself?My Profile

Rajlakshmi
    March 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hey I had terrible headaches last week too… It’s the weather probably… I couldn’t workout much ? the food looks so delicious… I need to learn that zuchinni cake… Looks so good and healthy. Kudos for keep on going despite everything.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…My Sister’s love for 5 Kg of UreaMy Profile

Rajlakshmi
    March 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Rajlakshmi recently posted…My Sister’s love for 5 Kg of UreaMy Profile

Alicia O'Brien
    March 19, 2017 at 10:51 am

I had a shocker of a day yesterday with my eating! Today is a new day though!

A 45 minute workout, five days in a week, is awesome!! More than my sorry arse is doing 😀

Keep up the good work xx The food does look yummy!
    Alicia O’Brien recently posted…Sunsets for the soulMy Profile

Alicia O'Brien
    March 19, 2017 at 10:51 am

I had a shocker of a day yesterday with my eating! Today is a new day though!

Keep up the good work xx The food does look yummy!
    Alicia O’Brien recently posted…Sunsets for the soulMy Profile

Week 6 of #12WBT February 2017 - Living my Imperfect Life
    March 20, 2017 at 5:00 am

[…] 6 was a shocker of a week. After a terrible Week 5, I’d hoped to get back on the wagon in Week 6, the half-way mark. Sadly, that wasn’t […]

Week 6 of #12WBT February 2017 - Living my Imperfect Life