#Acrostic – Creativity #atozchallenge

Conjuring up ideas
Revelling in daydreams
Engaging with the unknown
Artistically drawing themes
Through the depths of the mind
Imagination unearthed
Visual representations
Inspiring stories to be birthed
Trust in this amazing process
You and me, all possess

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (1 April 2017)

***

Acrostic poetry is a form of short verse and constructed by placing a capitalised word or phrase vertically down the page to form the initial letters of each line of poetry. Each line is used to relate to the word, or praise the subject.Β It does not have to rhyme.Β

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge.

58 thoughts on “#Acrostic – Creativity #atozchallenge

1. Shailaja says:

Simply spellbinding! I love the word you chose for the Acrostic too. Kind of keeping with the theme of the blog as well. As fellow storytellers, we need this πŸ™‚

2. My Era says:

Creativity at it’s best. Loved the way you’ve tailored this Acrostic, that resonates the very essence of blogging for me.
    Good Luck for the A to Z Challange!

3. Vinay Leo R. says:

One of the first forms of poetry I learnt, and practised. πŸ™‚ I’ll have to try it again soon. Imagination has certainly been unearthed, Babby! πŸ˜‰

4. Shalini says:

Lovely word, absolutely new for me and I loved learning about via your very versatile way to do so. Look out for it in my future post 🎈☺️
    You are off to a spectacular start Sanchie.

5. http://www.chandnimoudgil.com says:

Hello Saanch , Definitely sounds like my kind of poetry . I will surely give this a shot , esp the part about the verses need not rhyme , makes the process more fun. Isnt that how creativity should be , no rules – only free flowing thoughts!
    I am going to be learning so much through the month πŸ™‚
    Happy Blogging!

6. Reema D'souza says:

I love Acrostic poetry and I absolutely loved your creation here. I tried acrostic poetry and I love it! Looking forward to various other forms of poetry too πŸ™‚

7. Vidya Sury says:

It is perfect and describes the state of our collective minds in April! Hugs Sanch! Love it

8. Debbie D. says:

Nicely done and perfect for the theme. Looking forward to more fo your poems in different styles.

9. Shilpa Garg says:

Wow! Learnt something new today and that’s a creative start to the challenge, Sanch! Looking forward to read your A to Z of Poetry! Cheers!

10. http://www.crestingthehill.com.au says:

I didn’t know there was such a thing as ‘acrostic poetry’ Sanch – I’m looking forward to what else you can teach me as the challenge continues! Leanne | cresting the hill

11. An@mi says:

I didn’t knew about this form. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be following through April.

12. Soumya says:

Wow! Never heard of this form until now.
    Its bloody brilliant and yes very very creative! πŸ™‚

13. Rajlakshmi says:

Yes, as long as we believe in our creativity πŸ˜€ Beautiful start to the challenge πŸ˜€

14. Geets says:

Wow Sanch! You’re so good at this! I’ve heard about this form of poetry the first time and look at you, beaming high you’ve taken this as your theme!

Cheers

15. Linda Gardiner says:

Love this! Being a letter artist (calligrapher) as well as my fiber & paper pursuits I’m so glad to see you here in teh A to Z Challenge. More artists this year, YAY!
    Abstract Art

16. Shilpa Gupte says:

Wow! Loved this so much! I just remembered that I was supposed to follow your blog throughout this month and here I am…entertained thoroughly!

17. Sreesha says:

Creative indeed! I never knew about this form before (which is something I guess I will say multiple times as I come to your page during this month)

• Sanch, the writer says:

Haha…acrostic was one of the easy ones this month as I’ve tried it before. Some of the other ones later on were real doozies! In fact, I still have four more poems to write.

18. Holly Jahangiri says:

Reveling in daydreams and unearthing imagination are the fun part; trusting the process is the hard part, some days. Good reminder, Sanch!

19. SorchiaD DuBois says:

Well, your posts are going to be fun to read. Poetry is so rich in form and style and I don’t think most people appreciate that. Looking forward to learning the A-Z of it.
    I’m writing prose at http://www.SorchiaDuBois.com .

20. Irene says:

I’ve always loved acrostic poems, but I can’t wait to see your other poetry posts as well. I’ll be sharing your challenge with an English teacher friend of mine. She’ll love it!

21. Arpita Sharma says:

“Revelling in daydreams” Nicely written Sanch. I will come back for all the 26 poetry lessons. Good luck for A to Z.

22. Nibha Gupta says:

Wow!! This was great! I love your poetry. This was a brilliant with brilliant implementation. Loved the way you had brought it out so beautifully!

23. lorigg says:

Fabulous poem. I enjoy reading acrostics but rarely remember to try writing them. You have inspired me.

24. Ishieta @ Isheeria's says:

wowo! what a start! I love what you have done here… a complete story and point of view 10 lines! Bravo!

25. J.Gi Federizo says:

Oh, I know this! I didn’t know what it’s called, though, so thank you.. I don’t think I’ve ever written a poem this way, however. Not a fan of it.
    Man, this is kind of a tall order, your theme. Hope you get ideas from A to Z! My theme is anything-writing related. Hope I get ideas, too, ha ha!

26. Shweta Suresh says:

I know I’m late to the party but I couldn’t resist from commenting – that was an amazing poem!

Comments are closed.