#Nonet: End the hate #atozchallenge

Our world today, filled with so much hate
from bigots, trolls, supremacists;
with narrow minds they proclaim
diatribes of disdain
We must fight their words
of prejudice
through kindness,
care and
love

(c) Sanch Vee @ Sanch Writes (17 April 2017)

***

A nonet has nine lines. The first line has nine syllables, the second line has eight syllables, the third line has seven syllables, and so on until line nine finishes with one syllable. It can be on any subject and rhyming is optional.

This has been written for the 2017 A to Z Challenge

17 Comments

1. The Unknown Journey Ahead

April 17, 2017 at 7:19 am

I have never heard of this writing form and will have to try it. Perhaps for A to Z if I can fit it in. I blogged about hate several days ago, and I thank you for posting this. Way too much hate in this world and we are in so much danger of self-destructing because of it.

2. Sreesha

April 17, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Too much hate in the world, indeed. Loved the message about kindness and caring.

3. Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au

April 17, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Really great poem – I liked the feel of the rhythm and also how it fitted the tone of the poem so well.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

4. http://queasypeasy.wordpress.com

April 17, 2017 at 6:29 pm

I like the formula of this poem. Makes it seem like I could write something too. The sentiment that love covers and overcomes hatred is beautiful and kindness is part of our we love others and ourselves. Visiting from A – Z Challenge 🙂 Linda

5. Team MocktailMommies

April 17, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Use of “Nonet” to preach a lesson in humanity was excellent! The form of poetry is definitely not so easy to come by but the message that you conveyed comes out very clear and bold. Yes we need more of love than hate in this world right now, right here!
    ————————————————
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

6. Reema D'souza

April 17, 2017 at 7:33 pm

I was guessing you’d do the nonet for N. Nicely written- we need more love and care in this world.

7. Kalpanaa

April 17, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Ooo – another lovely poetry form. I’d love to try this out.

8. Mayuri Nidigallu

April 17, 2017 at 7:56 pm

This is the first i have heard about the Nonet. Loved your poetry, simple and true.

9. Shilpa Garg

April 17, 2017 at 9:53 pm

A great message and another amazing form of poetry. Never knew that there was so much of mathematics involved in poetry. Your series has been an enlightening for me.

10. Shailaja V

April 17, 2017 at 11:25 pm

One of the toughest poems to write, given the compelxity of the syllable count per line and you’ve done full justice to it!

11. Soumya

April 18, 2017 at 12:06 am

I had written a nonet years ago, but not something as perfect as this.

12. Roshan Radhakrishnan

April 18, 2017 at 12:50 am

Believe it or not, I actually know this one! yay!! I feel so smart 😀

13. Narayana Rao

April 18, 2017 at 1:08 am

Good. Interesting.

14. Rajlakshmi

April 18, 2017 at 8:11 am

And that’s exactly how we can fight this hatred that’s currently burning our world. Beautifully written.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Travel Tales: Ooty #atozchallengeMy Profile

15. Shalini

April 18, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Isn’t that a beautiful form of poetry! So soothing! Beautifully written, Sanch!

16. Kaddu

April 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I feel exactly the same way about this world we live in. Too much hate!
    Love how you can pack such a lot of message in so few words! Hats off!
    Btw, I’m lagging behind even more. But will catch up. Do visit my N post.
    Happy AtoZing!